Author Topic: The DVLA Information Thread  (Read 131999 times)

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
Re: The DVLA Information Thread
« Reply #30 on: 16 March 2010, 15:49 »
When you buy a new car the sorn expires.. not a lot you can do about this one..it is your responsibility to resorn the vehicle...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

kells

« Reply #31 on: 16 March 2010, 15:55 »
dude what do i need to do to get all previous copies of the V5 ?

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 16 March 2010, 16:51 »
dude what do i need to do to get all previous copies of the V5 ?

doubt you will be able to get previous copies.. you can apply for previous keeper details but you need a damn good reason for it...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #33 on: 23 March 2010, 22:30 »
Ok heres one for you.

Bought my orange mk2 vr6 about 6 weeks ago. The new keeper section and colour section (as its now orange not white) were amended and sent off in the normal manner when i collected the car. 2 weeks later i receive the logbook, all is good. :afro:

However over 3 weeks ago i amended the engine size/engine number section and sent the log book back (ref the engine swap which the previous owner undertook)

So far i have neither seen nor heard anything from the DVLA. I kept the 'New keeper supplement' just in case, as it has the logbook doc ref number on.

Any idea what the DVLA might be doing with the information? Am i likely to receive an amended logbook or a request to visit a VOSA place for a vehicle check?

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 24 March 2010, 20:56 »
Ok heres one for you.

Bought my orange mk2 vr6 about 6 weeks ago. The new keeper section and colour section (as its now orange not white) were amended and sent off in the normal manner when i collected the car. 2 weeks later i receive the logbook, all is good. :afro:

However over 3 weeks ago i amended the engine size/engine number section and sent the log book back (ref the engine swap which the previous owner undertook)

So far i have neither seen nor heard anything from the DVLA. I kept the 'New keeper supplement' just in case, as it has the logbook doc ref number on.

Any idea what the DVLA might be doing with the information? Am i likely to receive an amended logbook or a request to visit a VOSA place for a vehicle check?

Did you send a letter from a garage who have seen the conversion?? from what i remember any adjustments such as cylinder size, engine changes require a letter from the people who did the conversion or a letter from a garage on headed paper to say the conversion was carried out correctly....

hope this helps

Dicky

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #35 on: 24 March 2010, 23:58 »
Ok heres one for you.

Did you send a letter from a garage who have seen the conversion?? from what i remember any adjustments such as cylinder size, engine changes require a letter from the people who did the conversion or a letter from a garage on headed paper to say the conversion was carried out correctly....

hope this helps

Dicky

No letter was sent, will see what happens. If I see nothing by the end of next week I will call the DVLA :rolleyes:

supplying a covering letter will be no problem, as i work with a garage/mot test station  :smiley:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #36 on: 25 March 2010, 00:16 »
dicky i have one for you....my rat is currently sorn and its having its mot Saturday which means I want to tax it next week but will i lose a month but taxing before the start of april? (what is the cut off date otherwise?)
I want it on the road by bank holiday  :smiley:

oh and can i ask why wont/cant the post office accept my "home printed" insurance certificate...All major insurers issue documents by email now (I work for one that's going nearly 100% e doc's)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 27 March 2010, 09:49 »
dicky i have one for you....my rat is currently sorn and its having its mot Saturday which means I want to tax it next week but will i lose a month but taxing before the start of april? (what is the cut off date otherwise?)
I want it on the road by bank holiday  :smiley:

oh and can i ask why wont/cant the post office accept my "home printed" insurance certificate...All major insurers issue documents by email now (I work for one that's going nearly 100% e doc's)

You should have no issues going in and asking for the tax disc to start in april.. i dont think you can do this online thought... You might have to go to the Local office as apposed to the PO though.. Why dont you just wait until april 1st and tax online? a lot less hassle.

I couldn't tell you why they wont accept home printed ins docs mate.. i know exactly what your talking about with e-docs too... i always tax online now.. so much easier

Offline rattyandtoad

• Just got here
« Reply #38 on: 05 May 2010, 17:09 »
Easy one (I hope...)

Declared a SORN in July 2009 - received a refund cheque for the tax. Mislaid the cheque, found it today.
I notice that it says that the cheque must be presented within 6 months, which I have obviously missed.

Should I try to bank the cheque anyway, or send it back with an explanation, or something else?
(Amount is 60 quid, so is worth my time trying to get it sorted).

Cheers.

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 08 May 2010, 18:46 »
I will try to find out and get back to you.. I would say you have sh!t out personally.. but i will check with my missus.