Author Topic: Temp setting on Max screen demist  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
Temp setting on Max screen demist
« on: 16 January 2021, 00:41 »
When it was warm and I used the Max AC button the temp indicator would automatically go onto 'LO' was as long as the button was lit.

Should the same happen when I use the Max heat setting to the screen and go to the 'HI' setting?  When I hit the button it temp just stays on the temp I've set it at.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Temp setting on Max screen demist
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2021, 11:57 »
When you press the screen demist it puts the fan on max and directs the air to the screen only.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2021, 12:11 »
Sure but what temp does the air blow at?  is it what is shown on the setting gauge or does it automatically go to the highest value, if it does why doesn't the gauge go to 'HI'?, as I said when you do the same for cold (Max AC) the gauge jumps to read 'LO' then returns to my setting once turned off.

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2021, 12:45 »
The demist runs at whatever temperature is displayed/set already on the hvac, it doesn't change that like the Max AC setting does.

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2021, 14:53 »
As DCmk3 says, it doesn't alter the temperature setting. The function is to rapidly demist the screen, not warm the cabin.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 16 January 2021, 20:36 »
Ok thanks, just thought as the functionality was there to put it on max cold then they could do the same for max heat to demist and then return it to your preset when the button is turned off, I just have to do the same thing but manually as I usually run the cabin temp at about 19.

Just saying that's all, I can't see what the problem would be...

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 16 January 2021, 21:26 »
I think the demisting is more to do with the dehumidifying effect of air conditioning as if you think about it, if you get in the car when it hasn't been run the air will be cold regardless of how high you set the temperature as the engine is cold.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2021, 17:19 »
Ok thanks, just thought as the functionality was there to put it on max cold then they could do the same for max heat to demist and then return it to your preset when the button is turned off, I just have to do the same thing but manually as I usually run the cabin temp at about 19.

Just saying that's all, I can't see what the problem would be...

19?? f**king hell, hope you wrap up warm!

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2021, 18:02 »
Like Watts says, when cold, the car will be running the air as hot as it can, to get the cabin to your chosen temperature as quickly as possible anyway. So playing around with the temperature dial shouldn't be necessary.