Author Topic: The new one...... or two  (Read 14914 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Re: The new one...... or two
« Reply #10 on: 26 September 2013, 19:21 »
So got a Caddy. That's at a unit at the moment. Haven't got any pics other than sale pics. Will get one next time I'm with it but keeping it under wraps at the moment as quite a bit gonna go on with it.

Also got a MK4 GTTDI. Gonna have that soon once I've sold a couple cars as no space and insurance issues. :grin:

Neighbor wants to get his private plate off the car first so no biggy, works better for me. Giving him the deposit tomorrow then I get the keys to do what I want with it and as soon as the plates off it's ours.

Will be the GFs daily really.

Worse pic ever:

Got a £200 budget decided to bring it up to scratch.

Gonna try my luck with VW for a wing rust repair but that won't happen at a guess so a second hand one if it matches, if not s/hand and paint.

List:
- Rear wheel bearing, probably do both TBH.
- Mirror cap
- New front speakers
- Dog bone mount
- New rear top mounts
- Go to a local tuner and get it RR'd as I wanna see what it's kicking out

Want to do:
- Something with that hideous suspension :sick: The rear is so bloody high! Won't be stupid low though.
- Wheels, no idea what yet, the GF doesn't like anything I like. :grin:
- Something audio wise. It's got a MFSW etc so I might see what I think of the Toureg/T5 MFD2 and if I like it have it, if not I've seen an Alpine unit with nav etc and retain MFSW although I think having directions on the full FIS (:smug:) would be cool.
- Brakes all round. They aren't bad just the discs are a bit worn but for the sake of some carriers I wanna just whack 312's up front. Obviously wheels first on that though!
- I'd like some body mods, part of me says I love R32 stuff, especially the R Line bumpers you see about, don't think it'll suit without skirts and the front bumper and not sure if I wanna R32 the front bumper
- Something in the way of headlights

Trouble is, we bought this to save money really instead of spending more and not getting anything on finance. I was going to get an R32, nearly stuck a deposit on a MK5 but the GF just can't get insured on one reasonably. No idea why, I'm younger and it's not a prob for me!

So everything will be done on a budget as my van and work is taking priority ATM.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 29 September 2013, 00:29 »
So I had a couple hours today.

Took all the wheels off etc, wanted to do one then just move on but persevered and did all.

Started with a dutty car:

No real shine:

Wheel off one at a time:

Anyone notice how I solved one of the knocking noises? :grin:

After a wash:

Can kinda tell by the bonnet, dull paint.

I then clayed the entire car twice, worse bits were the passenger lower door:

I saved the used clay and used it on the wheels, haven't finished it yet though:

Before:

During:

After (shame about the couple stone chips and that's spray wax on the wheel):

Then gave it a compound polish with the el-cheapo Silverline rotary, no wax just a polish:

Finished up for the day but it was a bit dark for photo's:

Hopefully I'll get chance tomorrow to give it an SRP on a very fine pad, some ultra deep shine then a good paste wax and finally extra gloss protection.

VERY lengthy process but I've found this gives amazing results on a budget/whatever was in the shed.

:)
« Last Edit: 29 September 2013, 01:54 by Bellend »

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #12 on: 29 September 2013, 14:19 »
Looks like all it needed was a bit of TLC to make it look good, nice job :afro:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #13 on: 01 October 2013, 20:25 »
Looks a million times better, I really like tackling cars like that...it takes a while but is really satisfying!

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 October 2013, 20:48 »
Cheers guys. Only trouble was the bonnet came out littered with stone chips. I've flatted the whole thing down, waiting for some more compound tomorrow and will be shiney again.

I started filling the chips in with a brush but there was WAAAY too many so just did the deep ones then wiped thick paint over the chips. Does look a BILLION times better but due to a couple of small dents I am just on the lookout for a better bonnet. It's not that bad but I'm just not happy. I guess a 160k car bombing down the M20 every day is gonna have chips though. Just not worth a respray. Unless we really like it. :grin:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 08 October 2013, 17:38 »
Made a start ripping the Caddys new heart out. I f**king hate rusty POS MK3's.

In other news all my cars are selling. Awesome as I wanna cheap toy. Clio Cup possibly but most likely a MK3 Ibiza Cupra. :cool:

The GF has already nicked the MK4.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 15 November 2013, 16:32 »
Got some anniversary headlights for £50. Bargain. Probably sell them on eventually with new glass as I fancy making some bi-xenons.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 20 December 2013, 13:34 »
Caddy is gone, A8 is gone.

New BIG MOFO van coming with inbuilt compressor and generator. :cool:

Infact all my cars are lined up ready to go except the MK4.

FINALLY insured and taxed it day before yesterday, took it up to Elverden and back and cost £24.61 including having the cruise on 95 in 6th gear at every possibility.

Going to respray the bonnet tbh and swap over to the carbon wrapped SDI one while I'm doing it over christmas.

Just need some bloody alloys as wanna put discs and pads all round but upgrade and bearings at the same time.

NEED to get it on a rolling road to see what's what, the acceleration is too insane for a standard car, driving it was lovely, cruise on and simply slow down and speed up with my finger on steering wheel controls!