Author Topic: 6 x 4's  (Read 1591 times)

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
6 x 4's
« on: 26 July 2006, 13:35 »
ok guys this is more of a boast than anything else.. won a set of clarion 50w babies on ebay for £1, and £5 postage from jersey! 2 days later theyve arrived and i've managed to fit them in! (long story!!! took me 4 attempts and 2 hours to get them in just got to wire them tonight!!!

The main reason i'm posting is that i'm wondering if any one else had replaced theirs? Basically mine have never worked since i got the car (over a year ago) and i've only just got my arse into gear to get sorted and buy some. I was told to get 6 x 9's but if imhonest i dont want to cut parcel shelf! are 6 x4's any good? opinions please...

Offline frog

• Here all the time
Re: 6 x 4's
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2006, 14:03 »
I bought some 6x4's off here and the difference is fantastic. If your planning on keeping things standard to look at then its the right way to go and your not losing any boot space. :cool:

Offline 8vRicey

• Here all the time
  • Silver Mettalic 8v GTI
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2006, 14:22 »
I upgraded my 6x4's to some Alpine units, and also added some 6x9's to the parcel shelf WITHOUT cutting holes in them. The sound still filters through the carpet covering, and if you use black headed screws no-one will notice !!
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2006, 16:25 »
I'm glad to hear its a worthwhile upgrade as I'll be putting a sub in the boot and just want some rear fill and 6 x 4's sound like just the job. Let us know what you think of them when you've wired them up *han*

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2006, 16:36 »
it might not happen tonight,  :grin: pub is calling and i got some work to do at home too!!! damn being a freelance designer!!  :wink:

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2006, 16:56 »
No sweat mate Rome wasn't built in a day  :wink:

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2006, 20:13 »
not done it guys.. might ask my dad to

not even been to pub, been to see my gran instead, she ot out of hosp today from havin 5 days worth of cancer treatment (4th lot theyve found now)  for bne cancer in her spine, and she fed me buns!!! home made, fresh today! Bless her! gotta love her...

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #7 on: 31 October 2006, 15:00 »
i got some kenwood duel mags 6' 4's and i dont think they sound very good! but then again they are uber small!  :undecided:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #8 on: 31 October 2006, 17:36 »
I went for Kenwood 6x9s in a really well made mdf stealth shelf, looks totally oem and the sound is awesome!

I've got a set of JBL 6x4s to install in my girlfriends Polo, one day!  Helpfully VW are so tight they didnt even fit wires for rear speakers, so I've gotta find some way to run wires to the rear of the car  :angry:
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.