Author Topic: 80's blaupunkt radio install help needed  (Read 1805 times)

Offline chocice

• Not said much yet
80's blaupunkt radio install help needed
« on: 17 May 2014, 18:30 »
Hi guys I want to put this radio back into a golf gti mk2 but I don't have the iso adapter I popped to local car audio place but they said it was nothing they could help with so do u guys know where I could get the iso adapter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: 80's blaupunkt radio install help needed
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2014, 08:08 »
If you car has ISO plugs, you just need to buy the female ISO connector with tails, then fit spade connectors to plug into your radio. The four sets of connections along the top are for the speakers. Trial and error moving the balance and fader around with one speaker connected at a time will sort out which is which. The two larger spades at the bottom are a +ve and -ve. That's it.

I suspect that the small spade at the bottom is a power out for an electric aerial, but I'm not 100% sure. 
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2014, 13:30 »
The original speaker connectors were small blocks - but you can use a small thin blade and pin connectors.

Offline chocice

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2014, 18:56 »
Thanks for the help it's all wired in and looks awesome just the tape part seems to be messed up it spits out tapes and doesn't look like the spools are rotating I'm gonna crack it open and look what's wrong.