Author Topic: A day with Awesome Automotive (Mk2 GTI)  (Read 1007 times)

Offline drapergti

• Here all the time
A day with Awesome Automotive (Mk2 GTI)
« on: 14 March 2010, 14:12 »
After 19 years without an alarm, I thought in only right to treat the old girl to an alarm of some kind, after speaking with Ken (Troublestarter) from Awesome Automotive, I decided on the Viper 480XV. Whilst I'm not going to post any pics of the alarm install I can say that Ken's attention to detail and the manner in which he works through the car is testament to his years of experience.

As with these things you start out wanted one thing and then that gets you thinking about other stuff, so after a quick chat on the phone, Ken started work on a custom rear quarter install for a sub and amp. The reason for this, is simple I like my music, but I also like my car to be as original as possible so this was an ideal solution

Heres some pics of the amp going in

Heres some of the sub

All in all a good day, and also nice to see the car go back together!

sounds good, but I am on the look out for a drivers side rear door card (rainbow interior 3 door, black and white stripe) to butcher, which will lose some resonance in front of the sub. PM me!

Unfortunately it was a cold drive home, as the heater matrix decided to have a fit and leak all over the place...another job to do!

Cheers
Stu