Author Topic: New 2008 calender  (Read 7545 times)

Offline DaveGTiMK

• Here all the time
  • 16v MK3 GTi
Re: New 2008 calender
« Reply #20 on: 22 October 2007, 18:21 »
I think we need...

2x Mk1
2x Mk2
2x MK3
2x MK4
2x MK5
2x Special very modded

i think this will have to come down to votes as i'm sure there will be alot of people who would want their car in the calender.

also no offence to anyone, but the photo's should be spot on, cars should be as clean as they get and as professional as possible.

peeps should state what category they want to be considered for.

Gonna hangout with the wangout

Offline Tom H

• Here all the time
  • Previously board-stupid! :D
« Reply #21 on: 23 October 2007, 08:24 »
I think we need...

2x Mk1
2x Mk2
2x MK3
2x MK4
2x MK5
2x Special very modded

i think this will have to come down to votes as i'm sure there will be alot of people who would want their car in the calender.

also no offence to anyone, but the photo's should be spot on, cars should be as clean as they get and as professional as possible.

peeps should state what category they want to be considered for.

Cool - I'll enter my MK3 in the Mk1 category then!  :grin: He he (Sorry couldn't resist)

I see what Joes saying. Although I think it's a great idea in principle Dave, it might not work out with the submissions that come in. For instance, If you only get 3 pics of Mk4's , do they HAVE to use 2 of them even if only one of the pictures is up to standard? Also it seems to me most cars on here are Mk2's and 3s (might get corrected on that, but they look like the busiest sections to me - and they're what I seem to mostly see in signatures?) so it stands to reason more pictures of those will be submitted, so is it fair that some one will have less chance of being picked even though they have a great car, just because it's more popular on the site than another?

P.S. I'm not just saying that to get my car a better chance - I know mines not up to stanard so I won't be submitting! 

Offline DaveGTiMK

• Here all the time
  • 16v MK3 GTi
« Reply #22 on: 23 October 2007, 08:30 »
we'll just have to see how it go's, we'll run the picture thing for a week see what we get and then decide, we can submit a proposed layout and then get an idea of numbers of who wants a calender, if only a few peeps want one then its not worth the trouble.

If all goes well I can order on mass from photobox and get the monies in through paypal or other + postage (all at cost mind)

This will take a few weeks to sort but it will be a 2008 calender so we have time.

Get posting the pics, we can give more time if people need it or if there is an event coming up that would give a good photo op. A group pic with various golfs would be good.

Let me know of any issues but get posting them pics.

Offline DaveGTiMK

• Here all the time
  • 16v MK3 GTi
« Reply #23 on: 23 October 2007, 08:36 »
just to show, I was going to get a pic in front of this building in MK, any one know it?

Offline DaveGTiMK

• Here all the time
  • 16v MK3 GTi
« Reply #24 on: 23 October 2007, 08:38 »
or maybe on one of the famous.......  :laugh:

« Last Edit: 23 October 2007, 08:45 by DaveGTiMK »

R98 HUF

« Reply #25 on: 23 October 2007, 08:39 »
Dave ill take a group pic at Brands next Wed 31st and submit that, that will include Mine and Toms Mk3 as well as Bazza and Lee's also a couple of MK2 normally turn up Mk1 Cab and a MK4 plus whoever turns up as well!!!

Come on Get your golfs to Brands lets get a local group pic that makes the calender!!!!!

Offline DaveGTiMK

• Here all the time
  • 16v MK3 GTi
« Reply #26 on: 23 October 2007, 08:48 »
can we sticky this?

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #27 on: 23 October 2007, 08:57 »
Where we do we post pics if we want to be considered?

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

R98 HUF

« Reply #28 on: 23 October 2007, 09:00 »
in this thread

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #29 on: 23 October 2007, 09:09 »
My Moms car but anyway. Picture taken by me. Camera is a Minolta Dimage X.
(3 pictures for the Mk5 Section please)

Not trying to brag by posting 3 pics up. Just not sure which one I like. So let the forum decide.  :undecided:

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.