Author Topic: GTD axle back aftermarket exhaust tailpipes (Sport & Sound Pack)  (Read 7426 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Hi guys,

I know the usual wisdom when doing exhaust upgrades to the GTD (especially with the S&S package which I have), is to get the GTI style rear diffuser and twin outlets (one either side) from the likes of Milltek or Cobra sport etc.

If I wanted to keep the "GTD" style of twin outlets on the same side of the car as they currently are, anyone know what possibilities exist for a larger tailpipe twin rear axle back system (again for the sport and sound package so no rear silencer), that will fill the cut out hole in the rear valance better (my after market rear valance has a cut out slightly larger than standard so will accommodate larger pipes.)
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Hi guys,

I know the usual wisdom when doing exhaust upgrades to the GTD (especially with the S&S package which I have), is to get the GTI style rear diffuser and twin outlets (one either side) from the likes of Milltek or Cobra sport etc.

If I wanted to keep the "GTD" style of twin outlets on the same side of the car as they currently are, anyone know what possibilities exist for a larger tailpipe twin rear axle back system (again for the sport and sound package so no rear silencer), that will fill the cut out hole in the rear valance better (my after market rear valance has a cut out slightly larger than standard so will accommodate larger pipes.)

If you go to a custom exhaust place they can give you an idea of way would be the best endpipes to go with. Im going to http://www.mijexhaust.com later this week and if you give me a photo of the rear opening and approximate size in mm then I can ask them.

I was going to go down the same route as you because I didn't want to look like I was trying my car to look like GTi but then I thought what the hell.

Maybe something like what the R's exhaust are like but just on the left.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Hi guys,

If you go to a custom exhaust place they can give you an idea of way would be the best endpipes to go with. Im going to http://www.mijexhaust.com later this week and if you give me a photo of the rear opening and approximate size in mm then I can ask them.

I was going to go down the same route as you because I didn't want to look like I was trying my car to look like GTi but then I thought what the hell.

Maybe something like what the R's exhaust are like but just on the left.

Maybe something like what the R's exhaust are like but just on the left
Sorry to highjack Sootchucker..

But Mr I wanted a GTI - have you been quoted a price for a system yet or is something your going there to get..?

Be interesting to see yours once done and to know whether it'll be worth me taking the 3hr drive there and back.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here

But Mr I wanted a GTI - have you been quoted a price for a system yet or is something your going there to get..?

Be interesting to see yours once done and to know whether it'll be worth me taking the 3hr drive there and back.
[/quote]

I ended up going in yesterday because I have to go to that London today. They said that it will cost £250-£300 tops because it is so short and no boxes are needed. It will take about 2-3 hours and I'm fairly sure I'm going to go with 80mm round slanted exits.

I need to order a GTi rear trim this week.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here

The

I ended up going in yesterday because I have to go to that London today. They said that it will cost £250-£300 tops because it is so short and no boxes are needed. It will take about 2-3 hours and I'm fairly sure I'm going to go with 80mm round slanted exits.

I need to order a GTi rear trim this week.
[/quote]

Is that quoted price for the full performance exhaust..?

Will there be any trouble for them because of the ''Sports & Sound'' pack option fitted to your car..?

I've sent them a email.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
They are cutting the exhaust behind the soundakator, if you look at the illustration below you will see where they will be cutting it, I've naked it with a blue line.

You can also see how another member on here had it done in the photo below.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
If you fancy a trip on or around the first then we could get them both done at the same time.  :laugh: