Author Topic: Clubsport collection tomorrow  (Read 5568 times)

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Re: Clubsport collection tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: 21 January 2021, 14:25 »
Looks pretty damned good.

Yeah Covid new car collections.... my dealer said basically we'll throw the keys at you out of the window...

On the other hand, I never like the drawn out handovers, I can figure stuff out for myself.

Completely agree. When I picked my JCW Mini up they had it in the dealership under a cover. I’ve never been so embarrassed having to take the cover off with people looking. I would rather just have the keys and go!

A few first impressions/  early points to note.

1 - I don’t think the infotainment is as hard to operate as I’ve been led to believe from reviews and such.

2 - Interior does not photograph well. It feels well built and of decent quality (a match for the M4 easily) but looks crap in photos.

3 - The ride is much softer than I expected which is a bonus given I’ll be doing several long trips in this car once Covid is over.

4 - The exhaust is very civil in comfort but the car sounds lovey in sport

Glad you like it, this is what I am eyeing for my wife in a year or so's time, see you had an M4 Comp, I had one, also an M2 Comp :laugh:

MK7 GTi

Offline ClubsportMk8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 21 January 2021, 15:22 »

1 - I don’t think the infotainment is as hard to operate as I’ve been led to believe from reviews and such.

2 - Interior does not photograph well. It feels well built and of decent quality (a match for the M4 easily) but looks crap in photos.

3 - The ride is much softer than I expected which is a bonus given I’ll be doing several long trips in this car once Covid is over.

1 - I thought the same and it will only get better as you get used to it. It will become second nature quickly.

2 - yes there is something weird about that too

3- not tried the clubby but the GTI on 18's and without DCC was harder than a Mk7 GTD but never hard like a 128ti

4 - is it actually the exhaust or is it the soundaktor.... if you haven't setup and individual profile, its the soundaktor.... fake sound

PS actual real exhaust noise and hooligan pops and bangs is now outlawed by the EU for OEM's. If you want that, you have to do it yourself.

It’s a combination of both I think. I don’t actually mind the soundaktor (not enough to disable it) as it sounds sufficiently sporty for my tastes. There are definitely some pops and bangs but nowhere near enough to class as a hooligan for which I’m thankful. My days of loud exhausts are thankfully behind me!
Gone: Mk8 GTI Clubsport
Gone: Audi A8
Gone: Mini JCW
Gone: BMW X4M competition
Gone: Porsche 718 Boxster S
Gone: BMW M4 competition

Offline ClubsportMk8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 21 January 2021, 15:24 »
Looks pretty damned good.

Yeah Covid new car collections.... my dealer said basically we'll throw the keys at you out of the window...

On the other hand, I never like the drawn out handovers, I can figure stuff out for myself.

Completely agree. When I picked my JCW Mini up they had it in the dealership under a cover. I’ve never been so embarrassed having to take the cover off with people looking. I would rather just have the keys and go!

Glad you like it, this is what I am eyeing for my wife in a year or so's time, see you had an M4 Comp, I had one, also an M2 Comp :laugh:

Love the M4 colour. I enjoyed mine but never really gelled with it. It was too fast/ wayward in anything other than perfect conditions. My O/H nearly had quite a large accident in it due to loss of traction at about 25mph and after that she wouldn’t drive it so I got rid! What do you think of it?

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 21 January 2021, 15:35 »
I rejected my M4 after two weeks due to bodywork imperfections, then bought the M2 which was way more fun lighter etc but loss of traction and finding out it had been in a side/rear ender I sold it as soon as I could!, if I ever get 400+ hp again it will be 4WD...

MK7 GTi

Offline ClubsportMk8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 21 January 2021, 16:08 »
I rejected my M4 after two weeks due to bodywork imperfections, then bought the M2 which was way more fun lighter etc but loss of traction and finding out it had been in a side/rear ender I sold it as soon as I could!, if I ever get 400+ hp again it will be 4WD...

I preferred my X4M to the M4. 500ish HP that you could use in all conditions, although chucking a 2 tonne SUV around corners isn’t quite as much fun.

I had a few paint touch ups that had to be done on my M4, sounds quite common.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 21 January 2021, 16:26 »
I had a 420d in the exact same colour! Grigio Telesto Pearl - or more commonly known as "Lambo grey"  :grin:

Always had comment on it, its a very striking / unusual colour.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 21 January 2021, 16:31 »
I had a 420d in the exact same colour! Grigio Telesto Pearl - or more commonly known as "Lambo grey"  :grin:

That's the one, to be honest I regretted the colour after having it, I much prefer the San Marino Blue

MK7 GTi

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 21 January 2021, 17:17 »

That's the one, to be honest I regretted the colour after having it, I much prefer the San Marino Blue

I found that it looked very striking when cleaned up on a bright sunny day but could look a bit drab in our more usual weather conditions...
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.