Author Topic: tuning a 115bhp tdi  (Read 2141 times)

Offline tditommo

• Just got here
tuning a 115bhp tdi
« on: 19 May 2003, 23:48 »
what can you do to a tdi golf to raise the bhp, the obvious would be a chip, anyone know what the outcome of a 115 with a chip is, also does adding a system and a filter work the same way as it does on a petrol.
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by 1055631600 »

Offline Carl_Woods

• Not said much yet
Re:tuning a 115bhp tdi
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2003, 20:23 »
Try this website:http://www.dieselchiptuning.com/catalog/default.php the powerbox is amazing and easy to fit (5 mins) and the best part is you can easily remove it if you have to put your car into your dealer. The gains in bhp and torque for your model can be found on the site, I fitted one to my tdi 150 and with the addition of a free flow air filter is now running 190+bhp and the torque is through the roof.

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2003, 14:33 »
Carl,

What's the PD150 like with that much power? Mine is totally standard (other than stereo) and I still chuckle to myself when I give it some, so what the hell is yours like? Worthwhile upgrade? What happens to fuel consumption? Do VW service engineers pick it up on service (got warranty to think about!)

I gotta keep mine for about another 18 months (before a DSG 'boxed MkV calls!) and would be v interested in aping your spec. to increase smiles per mile.

Any info greatly appreciated....

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline Carl_Woods

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2003, 18:41 »
When I bought the car it was actually pushing out 162 bhp ( VW must be being modest with the 150 ) the powerbox adds another 20 bhp + more torque there are several settings to up it further another 7 -10 bhp however if you do this tou need to fit a free flow air filter which claim to increase power by upto 10% so do the maths and you've got a TDI that can spank alot of petrol cars (my mates R32 couldn't get away from it).
Down side to it all is that you get a bit more smoke when you really floor it, and you may need to replace your front tyres a bit more often.
Plus side fuel economy increases by 3 or 4 mpg, it takes 5 minutes to fit or remove because it just plugs in so you can remove it for servicing just incase VW spot it and decide to void your warranty.
Incredible performance for under ?350. I would definitely recommend it.