Author Topic: MKV........ Oh VW What have you done  (Read 3842 times)

kniterider

Re:MKV........ Oh VW What have you done
« Reply #10 on: 17 September 2003, 20:40 »
think mk5 looks ok, not too sure about the toyota avensis style headlamps, think they let it down, still like me mk4 and am buying a standard 85 mk2 8v 2mrw for our second car, havin a bit of an old skool revival!

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #11 on: 18 September 2003, 07:40 »
I know what you mean, but think about how many people disliked the Mk III headlamps after the Mk II.....and the Mk IV's have just been an evolution of what was started with the MK III's. - The MK V's are just an even further evolution.

If this stye headlamp allows them to standardise on Xenon projector lamps accross the GTi range, instead of the 'candle power' stuff they're fitting at the moment, I'm all for them!

Top marks for the old school revival! I'm looking at buying a track day car over the winter, as a fixer-upper project for next summer, which will prob be a Mk I running a 16v lump, so I'll be old school-ing it too!

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

kniterider

« Reply #12 on: 20 September 2003, 21:13 »
got me 85 mk2 8v 3door blacke same as me mk 4, just checked, been lowered all round with jamex shocks and springs, (as new) got the old pirrelli P wheels small bumpers and great to drive, been 6 years since last had a mk 2, sod the mk5 love me mk4 too bits but hey, bumpy ride, no pas, no sharp abs brakes its bloody great! and to top it all i got it with 5 months test and 3months tax for ?300!!!

kniterider

« Reply #13 on: 20 September 2003, 21:17 »
oh yeah im not knockin me mk4 cause i love it to bits but its the way they have revolved over the years i love it! step in to 1 modern quick comfort safe driving, step into the other rough, raw, on the edge not alot of safety, great!!, gonna save some more dosh!, i want a black 3dr mk1 (1600)gti, and a mk3 of the same colour and 3dr, then ill have 1 of each Mk, bob on see yall later

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #14 on: 22 September 2003, 07:03 »
At ?300, that sounds like you got a frickin bargain!

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline rad dad

• Just got here
« Reply #15 on: 23 September 2003, 15:29 »
looks a bit like a alpha crossed with a corsa

but i am sure it will grow on me