Author Topic: 1980 golf MK 1 goes begging  (Read 2024 times)

Offline trebor

• Just got here
1980 golf MK 1 goes begging
« on: 09 March 2003, 04:39 »
I am too unlucky!!!.......worked at this building site last week....along comes this labourer from halifax (down the road) in a spotless pristine green 5 door MK 1 golf that used to belong to some OAP ...been in storage for years 56K on the clock unbelievable condish...sills...arches.....wells....the lot dry as a bone........it was a 1.6 GX i think gti body work....upholstery - the works....just not the dogs dangles under the bonnet with 8 of those famous german valve type things. Needless to say he had no appreciation of what he'd just bought .....?400 anyone??? amazing ...this beauty hadnt been rinsed since grandad was still part of the trotter household....i offered him 6 big ones for it.....just the coachwork alone was enough to make u learn german....wasnt having any of it....another Mk 1 goes under the hammer of some unsuspecting 4 star toting idiot!!! sigh!!!......IS there any truth in the possibililty of dropping a 2.2 audi TT engine into a mark one...oh and  anyone know any in and outs of importing german golfs MK2 or even better Mk 1 ......left hand drive doesn't bother me as the only thing in front of me when i get my A reg DUB 8V modded dropped piece of history is the fastly approaching lights of the M62 roundabout!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

cheers roberto
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by 1055631600 »

mo3000

Re: 1980 golf MK 1 goes begging
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2003, 21:07 »
B 2.2 Audi TT engine, I take you mean the 225 BHP 1.8 turbo lump? if so, yes it can, and has been done.

As for porting the fine german swine from foreign climes. Yes,there are several bounders already doing a sterling trade in lefthook Rallyes,G60's And Syncro VR6 Mk3's.............. There Name's escape me at present due to the amount of Gin One has consumed.However, i will endevour to search for said items once the severe prangs of Gout subside.

Farewell

regards

Raoul
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by 1055631600 »