Author Topic: my 8v mk2 at santa pod.  (Read 6778 times)

Offline benny@M-R

• Not said much yet
  • Check out the link below
my 8v mk2 at santa pod.
« on: 30 March 2007, 09:05 »
hi all.  just thought i would post up a few pics and details about my lil baby mk2 gti 8v attacking the quarter mile strip up at santa pod.   Read to the bottom to see my time....

17.8 seconds...... terrible!!

Offline jaybv6

• Here all the time
  • 03 Mk4 GTTDI PD 150
Re: my 8v mk2 at santa pod.
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2007, 18:50 »
It's still good fun though.

I've been up the strip in two cars.  My Calibra V6 which managed a 16.3, my Vectra V6 which managed a 15.9 and I've yet to take the golf up there but can't wait.  If I can get anything less than 16 I'd be happy.

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2007, 23:24 »
cool, i ran my jetta at fast show too!

did a 17.02, mines a 16v tho, so my times a bit poor! couldnt get traction, and blew something in my engine on the 2nd run :(
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline jaybv6

• Here all the time
  • 03 Mk4 GTTDI PD 150
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2007, 07:51 »
and blew something in my engine on the 2nd run :(
That's rough, what blew?

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2007, 15:09 »
and blew something in my engine on the 2nd run :(
That's rough, what blew?

something piston ring / valve seal related, ended up blowing a load of oil out through the exhaust in smoke screen form.

so now its 2ltr time  :evil:
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline benny@M-R

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 04 April 2007, 08:54 »
i saw that!! i nearly cried!!!

i am hoping that my new toy.. see MK2 section how to fit a supercharger?....... should bring me down, i really want to get into the 15's!!

Offline jaybv6

• Here all the time
  • 03 Mk4 GTTDI PD 150
« Reply #6 on: 04 April 2007, 10:21 »
i saw that!! i nearly cried!!!

i am hoping that my new toy.. see MK2 section how to fit a supercharger?....... should bring me down, i really want to get into the 15's!!
To be honest you should be able to do that without the supercharger.  My Vectra wieghs 1450kgs and has around 195bhp and can manage a 15.9 quarter.  I havn't tried my Golf yet but that's got around 120bhp but only weighs around 870kgs.  Compared to the Vectra (134 bhp per tonne) the Golf has 137bhp per tonne (but it has had the rear seats and trim removed as well as some other bits of "weigh removal).  It certainly feels  alot quicker to 60 than the vectra and reaches 100 pretty briskly.  I might pop down to the Pod at sometime to compare them.  The time for my vectra was gained when I weighed 19 and a half stone.  I'm 2 stone lighter now which will make a difference (nearly 13kgs), not much but it all helps :wink:.

Offline benny@M-R

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2007, 13:30 »
well fingers crossed i can get the time down at the PTM show at santa pod, i have stripped her out, and hopefully going to get the idle sorted!

Offline Fielder

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2007, 11:34 »
i ran a 16.2 on a standard 8V motor with ruined tyres.....How the hell did  you get it that high  :huh:

One tip. Strip the Interior!  :cool:

hahahaha fielders a c**k. sorry but he is just a tit. What a waste of forum space for that moron.

Offline kniterider

• I live here
  • had most, sold most and often buy more!
« Reply #9 on: 02 May 2007, 17:39 »
i got flat 16 or was it 15.9 at gti spring fest a few years ago, in my old smokey 16v (which wasnt bad, considering i had 3/4 tank of fuel, half a mk4 20v engine in the boot, cleaning stuff and amp/speakers/sub etc........)

it was quick but with that lot it didnt do much other than spin...

wanted to take the vr down this year but had me lad with me and no one to look after him whilst i qued and stuff so was a no go....

16.2 aint bad for an 8v fielder!!