Author Topic: Problems with Alpine  (Read 1008 times)

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
Problems with Alpine
« on: 14 August 2008, 18:15 »
Has anybody had problems with an Alpine headunit?

I have an IDA-X200 and the lcd screen went to pot and it kepy restarting tracks from my ipod. Have sent it back to them I was wondering how quickly they turn things around ie repair or replacement? Or if they blame the user etc.

Cheers Peeps

Offline Ruji

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 Golf GTi 8v (96) Anniversary Edition
Re: Problems with Alpine
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2008, 04:34 »
i have come across many ipod interfaces that have been a little tempramental with things like this...not just a fault with Alpine itself but has been the case with several other brand interfaces also. Usually if you just pull out your head unit and unplug the interface, give it a moment during in which time assure everything is switched off. then reconnect the interface and place comfortably back into the din slot of the dash assuring that no wires are being compromised or squashed behind it!

Failing that and it continues to persist, then it may be worth contacting Alpine for some troubleshooting tips. If u stil have the box and user manual to the interface, usually explains common faults in there or directions in the event of functionality issues!

See how u get on with that. Otherwise if still no joy then u have no other option but to return/ take it bak to where u purchased it! goodluck!
Why pay big bucks when you can do it yourself???
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/rujiboy/WheelRefurbishmentProcess1.jpg
sig pic too large, see forum guidelines - admin

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
Re: Problems with Alpine
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2008, 18:13 »
Popped into the shop on my way home this evening to check progress. Alpine are sending a brand new replacement unit with no hassle.

Top Bombing