Author Topic: speedo trouble  (Read 804 times)

Offline DAVEMARX

• Here all the time
speedo trouble
« on: 11 May 2008, 17:49 »
My speedo stopped working a few days ago and since then ive spent all weekend trying to fix it.
I took the old 1 out and found it had snapped about half way so i thought great this isnt a problem should be a peace of cake.
Boy was i wrong, instead of forking out 30 quid plus postage i took a trip to my local scrappy and got a decent looking 1 there.(free)  :evil:
While i was there i took out the speedo just incase mine was duff and got a polo stearing wheel to but thats a differant story.

I got home thinking it was'nt gonna be a problem but as per usual it didnt work. After id finished punching myself in the face with anger i double checked and then double cheaked again but still nothing.

After a coffee and a few spliffs 3 beers and pack of jaffa cakes i ripped it all out again and tryed the speedo clock i got and still nothing.
I havnt damaged anything the speedo cable seems sound after id given it a got look so it cant be that.  Everything else is working fine rev,clock,fuel,temp etc.

Can anyone help me get over my little problem i really cant think what it could be im at  my wits end trying to find out so if theres anyone out there who can point me in the right direction it would be doing me a big favour.

Thanx for reading take care........DM

Offline dabill

• I live here
Re: speedo trouble
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2008, 15:54 »
what car is it pal, plus, postage in the garage section might be best bet :)

noble tuned - and still not fast enough!