Author Topic: 1.9TDI advice  (Read 3635 times)

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
1.9TDI advice
« on: 07 March 2012, 17:19 »
Planning on selling the 1.8T AGU in a months time, been looking at a diesel due to running costs as I do 40miles a day and the 1.8T costs a tad more to run than a train fare which is more unreliable as well. So I'm on the look out for a vag 1.9TDI, mainly Leons but not to fussed, any advice from model to model is appreciated.

For the golf I can pretty much get a TDI with 90k-130k in milage with a 110PD engine. Just wanted to know what things to look out for on this milage and how reliable are these engines?

Also what can be gained from a remap to get some poke?

Can cruise be fitted quite easily?

How are clutches on these at them miles and how frequent is the belt service done?

Are the 115,130,150 variations any better as it will be used as a daily commute to looking for best economy.

Thanks for your help in advance.  :smiley:

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: 1.9TDI advice
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2012, 19:01 »
Who long have you been here. . . . . SEARCH :tongue:

Planning on selling the 1.8T AGU in a months time, been looking at a diesel due to running costs as I do 40miles a day and the 1.8T costs a tad more to run than a train fare which is more unreliable as well. So I'm on the look out for a vag 1.9TDI, mainly Leons but not to fussed, any advice from model to model is appreciated.

For the golf I can pretty much get a TDI with 90k-130k in milage with a 110PD engine. Just wanted to know what things to look out for on this milage and how reliable are these engines?

Also what can be gained from a remap to get some poke?

115 maps to 145 ish-130 to 170ish-150 to 185ish and will give you plenty of poke and smoke

Can cruise be fitted quite easily?

yes same as a 1.8t bar the agu

How are clutches on these at them miles and how frequent is the belt service done?

My clutch last to 145k or about 75k after a remap!! its all down to how you drive it but you never know with clutches. Also should change the flywheel

Are the 115,130,150 variations any better as it will be used as a daily commute to looking for best economy.

Get a 130. Coming from a 1.8t to anything less will be a disappointment. Also look for a gt model as they are better spec'ed

Thanks for your help in advance.  :smiley:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2012, 20:13 »
Thanks steve, I've never owned a tractor so its a new market for me, trying to reduce costs so not a huge budget for a new diesel which is why I was looking at the 110PD but will shop/look around.

I imagine it will be a let down going down from 195bhp-210lb with all the fun mods I have:
TIP
FMIC
Mid silencer bypass
Dog bone uprated
Coilovers
14lb Singlmass with vr clutch
Full brake hose kit
Uprated disc/pads
Uprated brake fluid
and so on...  :grin:

Also how are the 130PD engines, I heard they have cam issues like the 150PD models, really I am looking at best MPG and most reliability, but I didn't realize the 110 was that poor even after a remap which was a bit shocking. So any more knowledge is appreciated   :smiley:

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2012, 20:22 »
Thanks steve, I've never owned a tractor so its a new market for me, trying to reduce costs so not a huge budget for a new diesel which is why I was looking at the 110PD but will shop/look around.

I imagine it will be a let down going down from 195bhp-210lb with all the fun mods I have:
TIP
FMIC
Mid silencer bypass
Dog bone uprated
Coilovers
14lb Singlmass with vr clutch
Full brake hose kit
Uprated disc/pads
Uprated brake fluid
and so on...  :grin:

Also how are the 130PD engines, I heard they have cam issues like the 150PD models, really I am looking at best MPG and most reliability, but I didn't realize the 110 was that poor even after a remap which was a bit shocking. So any more knowledge is appreciated   :smiley:

If you put all that into a 130/150 you would be just as happy with the ride I'm sure of it, as you'd have maybe 100lbft torque if you got a 150PD.

I guess you're looking at 48-52mpg mixed driving mpg from all of the PD engines. As for the cams...lets just say its good fortune, or should I say misfortune if it happens to you.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2012, 20:47 »
Thanks guys, what the 90bhp engines like, I'm struggling to find anything good with a 130setup+ for my budget, mainly 90 and 110 engines. Also I don't get diesels I keep seeing extremes of prices with identical mileages and gadgets.

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

Offline NERF 69

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2012, 22:09 »
Thanks guys, what the 90bhp engines like, I'm struggling to find anything good with a 130setup+ for my budget, mainly 90 and 110 engines. Also I don't get diesels I keep seeing extremes of prices with identical mileages and gadgets.

I've just bought a 110 bora tdi on a t reg with 108,000 on the clock for £1300.

I did a 19 mile round trip to town and back today and averaged 55.1 mpg. Obviously not gonna be as fast as a 1.8t but it pulls really well in every gear throughout the rev range and with it being a turbo u can tinker with it and still keep the fuel consumption

Sell my Vw??? I'd rather stick wasps up my arse

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2012, 22:21 »

I did a 19 mile round trip to town and back today and averaged 55.1 mpg. Obviously not gonna be as fast as a 1.8t but it pulls really well in every gear throughout the rev range and with it being a turbo u can tinker with it and still keep the fuel consumption

Where did you find that car, I have looked high and low to get ideas through the vag range, ebay. autotrader and pistonhead, and couldn't find anything good till 2.5k, actually there was this one car:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-TDI-1-9-100-bhp-DIESEL-MOT-TAX-up-72-MPG-AIRCON-FULL-HISTORY-/170782852947?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27c3738753  :sick:

Also diesels vary so much in price which also has confused me, like two cars can have same kit, similar service status, same engine output and milage. Yet the price is 2k different   :huh:

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

Offline ALBEEEEY

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2012, 19:59 »
You have to just wait I'm afraid mate  :undecided: I looked and waited for my GT TDi for well over a month and was looking on all the sites e.g eBay autotrader pistonheads local paper and forums literally every day. Just remember you have to drive this thing daily (I'm guessing) and you don't want to rush it and get a sh!tter  :tongue:
-Gone but Not Forgotten 2000 MK4 GT TDi
- Looking for a MK2 8 valver

Offline NERF 69

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2012, 20:13 »

Where did you find that car, I have looked high and low to get ideas through the vag range, ebay. autotrader and pistonhead, and couldn't find anything good till 2.5k, actually there was this one car:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-TDI-1-9-100-bhp-DIESEL-MOT-TAX-up-72-MPG-AIRCON-FULL-HISTORY-/170782852947?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27c3738753  :sick:

Also diesels vary so much in price which also has confused me, like two cars can have same kit, similar service status, same engine output and milage. Yet the price is 2k different   :huh:

sorry mate didn't realise there was a reply. I got it from someone who works at my local motor spares company the only downside to it is it has no service history but it has all the mots so it didn't really bother me but i will agree with you they are hard to come by with mileage like that at that price. Im hoping it causes me no problems and i stumbled onto a bargin. Keep looking though one will pop up

Sell my Vw??? I'd rather stick wasps up my arse

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #9 on: 12 March 2012, 20:56 »
Cheers, I've done more searching and narrowed it down to a Seat Altea and Bora as second choice for value for money. Just having insurance problems which has annoyed me, if this is not resolved I will be keeping the golf even though it already has had interest.

My 1.8t is £900, a home owner, 22, several years ncb. yet the diesels even the pd110 is coming up as £1800, for a lower insurance group, underpowered and safer car.

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝