Author Topic: 115 gt tdi prob, randomly shuts down engine!??  (Read 1731 times)

Offline jonnyoutram

• Not said much yet
115 gt tdi prob, randomly shuts down engine!??
« on: 15 April 2009, 03:30 »
sometimes the car just stops and has a sleepy!!  then you go to try to start it again and it will not start.  the glow plug light will not light up at all.  normally after a while it will suddenly go back to normal and start up!  ?? strange... annnoying! :angry:  any ideas??

i heard it could be a maf sensor????

Offline Dubbz

• I live here
Re: 115 gt tdi prob, randomly shuts down engine!??
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2009, 13:41 »
Hello mate.
I've not a clue whats going on there.  :undecided:
First thing you need to do tho is get it vag-com'd or a code reader and see what code(s) it shows.
Whereabouts are you?

Good luck :afro:

2002 TDI se 100bhp-ish Auto/tip Black Magic. :cool:

Offline jonnyoutram

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2009, 02:49 »
Hello mate.
I've not a clue whats going on there.  :undecided:
First thing you need to do tho is get it vag-com'd or a code reader and see what code(s) it shows.
Whereabouts are you?

Good luck :afro:

hey man, im near guildford in surrey.  yer i need a code reader any way for my mums 98' audi a4 20vt.   not sure which one to get tho... ?? :smiley:

Offline ADRO7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2009, 19:33 »
may sound silly but think i had the same problem a while back. I had a water leak coming through my wiper arms, through the wiper motor
and through the junction box behind the steering rack and right onto my accelerator pedal. I got hacked off when i broke down on the m42 having to call the mrs to tow me off. cost me a whole £100 for a new accelerator pedal, feels worth it when i put my foot down now, i thonk its the pedal, water or not