Author Topic: capoot - "Ryder ReConstruction"  (Read 7522 times)

Offline capoot

• Here all the time
  • Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS
Re: capoot - "Ryder ReConstruction"
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2006, 21:56 »
The bumpers were picked up on the 31st of December right before the close of business, and me and my dad had argeed to fit them on the 3rd as my parts where SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!

The parts didnt arrive, but we put the bumpers on without fogs first so we knew how to do it!!

Offline capoot

• Here all the time
  • Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2006, 21:59 »
The 4th of Jan

My Clear Headlights and grille arrive but no sign of the fogs  :angry: anyway we took the grill off and got the others in after a trip down to VW for some headlight adjusters (x6) for the spots and £11 later the front end looked like this

Offline capoot

• Here all the time
  • Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2006, 22:10 »
I had also brought a sub, spare sub box and an amp from the excellent FOR SALE part of this website! abousloute baragain! and it packs a punch!

Also it snowed in before i did the big bumpers and my car was VERY dirty thats why it looks cream!  :rolleyes:

Offline capoot

• Here all the time
  • Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS
« Reply #13 on: 13 January 2006, 22:11 »
The fog lights arrived on the 5th of jan at 8.30 and by 9.30 they were on!!

Offline capoot

• Here all the time
  • Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS
« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2006, 22:13 »
13th of Jan!

Its my birthday in 2 days so there SHOULD be alot of new progress:

On the list are

GTI/G60 Arches
Sideskirts
Lowering
New Exhaust
German Or Black Plates!

I'll Keep You Guys Posted!  :grin:
Dan

Offline capoot

• Here all the time
  • Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS
« Reply #15 on: 27 January 2006, 21:36 »
17th January

I got loads of birthday money, i brought some german plates!  :grin: and saved some for a rainy day (When im at home) and just in case i find a VW related Bargin!  :laugh:

Offline capoot

• Here all the time
  • Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS
« Reply #16 on: 27 January 2006, 21:43 »
20th Jan Got Bored and decided to go home!

21st Jan Didnt really do much, expect a MASSIVE essay!!

22nd Jan The Fun Began; i got the car washed by the local hand car washers, because it was 2 cold!!  :rolleyes:

Bit Bored of just getting the car washed i decided to pop down to halfords and buy some RCA to Jack and an in car Ipod holder to hold the nano i got for my birthday. I decided to run it thru my amp for a quik fix. It works thru the amp playing the 6x9 and the Sub, sounds good enough i think

And then i tiyded the boot up a little!

i Also decided to the invauble quick cheap mod!  :laugh:

:grin:

So i had such a gd day, but at the end of the sunday night i had to put her undercover, while go back to uni  :sad:

Offline capoot

• Here all the time
  • Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS
« Reply #17 on: 27 January 2006, 21:45 »
26th January

Mum calls me from home to tell me my german plates had come courtsey of www.germanplates.com these guys are great, and they send you a photo after there made!!! Excellent service and communication!!

My feet are itching now thou i wanna get them on, but i should be goin home next week to put them on!  :evil: :smug:

Offline capoot

• Here all the time
  • Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS
« Reply #18 on: 04 March 2006, 21:42 »
Alrite Guys, I went home last weekend and my abousolute LEGEND of a dad helped me out do some chores that i had!!

Since the last time i posted ive gained:

A vw bora flip key - ebay! (bargin!)
Gti Side Skirts - Sassyminx! cheers!!  :grin:
Gti Rear Arches
G60 Front Arches, i travelled about 45 mins down the M1 to collect the arches!

We firstly got done to business with the key, after an almost PERFECT guide by Dizzie!! (Cheers Mate) a angle grinder and about 30 mins all went well and it now looks like this:

We then got onto FINALLY fitting my german plates, didnt take long! looks so much better sorry i havent got one of the back?

Next Task was to start fitting the arches and hopefully the side skirts, we had just managed to get the fronts on we rain stopped play, for the rest of the day!  :cry: so ive gotta wait untill the next time i go home, which should be 2 weeks!!

When im at uni, i cover my car up just to protect it a little, so here she is when she went to sleep  :sad:

Sum more updates to come, any questions ask away!

Dan