Author Topic: Dizzie - "mk2 GTI 8v, the daily runabout"  (Read 6455 times)

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
Re: Dizzie - "mk2 GTI 8v, the daily runabout"
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2006, 22:14 »
20th May 2006

All the ICE has now been sold (to pay for the other car!) Guess I'll just listen to the engine now then! Finally got round to swapping the backbox over from the edition one. It sounds so lush now :D

also fitted a gti badge the grill. The car is running really well now :)
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 24 June 2006, 20:00 »
24th June 2006

wayhay, she passed her yearly medical this morning :D
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 06 July 2006, 18:58 »
6th July 2006

Been a bit bored this week as the boss has gone on holiday abroad and closed the workshop so I've been put on holiday too. Decided to give the old runabout a good wash as this is a rare thing for her. Then after using the quik clay on my edition one decided I couldn't resist anymore and clayed this car too. the dirt was unbelievable. probably 16 years worth on there! I think I'll need a new clay bar before I do the other car again lol.

I've had an Autowatch cat 1 alarm system sat around doing nothing which was removed from the edition one and a clifford will be fitted when it's ready so I decided today I would fit it to my daily as she's a little unprotected lol. This also ment I have remote central locking which is a luxury i stuggle to live without! Took me about 2 hours to pop that on and the door motors were free :D

Like my mum always said "it's not what you know, it's who you know"
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 08 July 2006, 17:49 »
8th July 2006

God the daily is getting pampered this week!

Finished installing the alarm today which included wiring up the boot switch and putting the imobiliser cuts in.

also had the seats out and laid cables neater so passengers weren't treading on things when they got in and also gave it the hoovering out of it's life!

Here's some long overdue pics!

Towbar nees to go and new number plates needed!

Err yeah, 6x9's in the doors...

broom!

I polished the roof of the daily too :D
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 19 August 2006, 19:55 »
unfortunally the daily died last weekend. the oil pressure buzzer came on when I was travelling at speed and before I could stop and have a look at the level I was loosing power and then the engine seized :(

I checked the oil only the week before and it was fine and it haddent' been smoking at all so I dunno where it went.

We put oil in and freed up the engine, but I think it's done the crank bearings as it sounds totally knackered now.

we decided to break her for parts over this week so she is no more :'(
Mk4 Golf 150PD