Author Topic: Starting problem.. - could be battery?  (Read 2343 times)

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
Starting problem.. - could be battery?
« on: 13 November 2010, 19:55 »
Hey guys, my car doesn't seem to start now, unless it gets bumped or has jump leads on it, and people said they have seen a little spark at side of the engine bay, under the battery?

But anyway, i can jump it off the leads, drive it all day/night turn it off, and it wont start back up?

I dont know if its my battery.. I was thinking alternator, but all the lights n cd player works?

Gonna get a volt meter on it tonight hopefully! :)
« Last Edit: 13 November 2010, 19:59 by *Jonnyg* »
** Tuned diesels - kinda like a guy with a huge cock and premature ejaculation. **

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
Re: Starting problem.. - could be battery?
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2010, 20:41 »
Best bet it to get a volt meter on it to check the charging system.

Where is this spark you talk about coming from? A loom or body work? You may have a bad earth.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2010, 12:09 »
Am gonna go get it tested today, and see what's up with it..

The spark I ain't seen, just bin told they is one... It's loom i thibk
** Tuned diesels - kinda like a guy with a huge cock and premature ejaculation. **

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2010, 16:30 »
Right went to motorsave, to get my battery tested and they told me my battery is dead.. he then tried to jump my car, and i told him about the spark and he said the the starter motor is f*cked with out even looking at it, just by the spark.. I asked how much it would all come up too, 100 for battery and 140 for starter motor..  Anyway, i went my my mates adi, and i told him about spark and he had alook and noticed a loose cable... tighten that bolt up, and no more sparks and no more battery going flat!

Win win!

Offline speaight123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 14 November 2010, 19:06 »
prob just a dead battery mate 35 pund for a new one at most, wont be alternator coz  that charges battery that once its going, if it dont turn over at all its gotta be the battery really  :nerd:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #5 on: 15 November 2010, 09:05 »
Right went to motorsave, to get my battery tested and they told me my battery is dead.. he then tried to jump my car, and i told him about the spark and he said the the starter motor is f*cked with out even looking at it, just by the spark.. I asked how much it would all come up too, 100 for battery and 140 for starter motor..  Anyway, i went my my mates adi, and i told him about spark and he had alook and noticed a loose cable... tighten that bolt up, and no more sparks and no more battery going flat!

Win win!

Typical robbing b*stard

Offline stugolfmk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 15 November 2010, 20:00 »
was it my battery