Author Topic: 2 visits back to dealer in 5 months  (Read 7389 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: 2 visits back to dealer in 5 months
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2015, 21:55 »
Autohold sticking? Do you mean it is reluctant to release when starting a reverse maneuvre or occasionally creeping forward in traffic? mine does this too. Apparently there is a setting to adjust its level of grip - I will be putting mine to "weak" if I can get a lend of VCDS.

Window not working at all, or the 2 stage "one touch" open/close not operating? If it is the latter then the car has probably experienced an obstruction and defaulted to "safe" mode. The car can relearn the one touch operation - it's in the manual how (although a VW technician should know how).

Tyre pressure sensor giving a false low? If so then pretty much everyone has had that - the system is very sensitive to the slightest changes, perhaps ambient temp changes overnight or after standing a few hours. Quick reset and it is gone.

O2 sensor iffy - OK that is a warranty job you cannot resolve yourself.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 20 May 2015, 23:23 »
I have the window one-shot problem too.

If you wind it up, then hold the up button for a few seconds after it is fully closed, it resets.... until the next time it forgets it.

Dealer says they can't replicate it... can't be bothered more likely.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 21 May 2015, 06:22 »
I have the window one-shot problem too.

If you wind it up, then hold the up button for a few seconds after it is fully closed, it resets.... until the next time it forgets it.

Dealer says they can't replicate it... can't be bothered more likely.

I had this happen once, and reset as per the manual - never happened again. Unless it is happening frequently after resetting, I wouldn't chase the dealer personally.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2015, 09:06 »
Happens every few days for me!

Problem, reset window, works couple of days.... then problem.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2015, 09:18 »
Happens every few days for me!

Problem, reset window, works couple of days.... then problem.

Perhaps your rubber window frame guides are a bit off, causing frictional overload as if a kid has stuck their arm in while you are rolling them up?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 21 May 2015, 10:04 »
Could be that, its definitely really annoying and to be told that they "can't reproduce the problem" is crap because all they do is to reset the window as I described earlier and go "see we've fixed it, you must have had a baby's arm in it or something"

Offline Duroo72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 21 May 2015, 21:41 »
Thanks for the tips guys, got my car back today.

As predicted the O2 sensor was replaced and the light went out easy I guess to fix compared to intermittent faults - the other issues Windows, Auto Hold & Tyre Pressure issues couldnt be replicated so to the dealership they don't exist so I have agreed to film them on my phone when they happen which they will - can't wait for the loan car!!

I'm glad it's a lease car and haven't invested personally in this car I only have 18 months togo then I'll be taking a break from Volks - maybe! But the Rline Passat on 19's does look nice, fickle!!!!
GTD -  Tornado Red - Dynaudio - Winterpack - Mans Gearbox!