Author Topic: Build time shortening  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Curious2

• Just got here
Build time shortening
« on: 18 May 2014, 21:26 »
Ordered new GTD DSG 11th April and notified of build week 24 ( WC 9th June ) so expecting delivery to dealer mid July.  Dealer had told me to expect a five month wait so was expecting to register vehicle on 1st September with new plate. Have now to decide whether to take vehicle when it arrives and accept financial hit of early registration when vehicle eventually sold. Nice problem to have though !! :smug:
GTD on order: Carbon. DSG. Nav Discover. Adaptive Chassis Control.Leather.Park Assist.Winter Pack.Keyless Entry. Rear Camera.

Mrs Stretts

Re: Build time shortening
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2014, 21:51 »
Ordered my 3 door manual GTI on the 12th April.  Again for 1st Sept delivery.  According to the build tracker its build week 21 which is tomorrow.   :shocked: Still want Sept collection though.  :smiley:

Offline j033y

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2014, 12:31 »
My GTD was also ordered on the 11th April, I too have been given a build week of week 24!

Mine is company car, so will be getting it ASAP rather than waiting for the 64 plates.

There is a build week 24 thread I started a week or so ago. get yourself in that thread, although I think there is only me at the moment!!!

Can't wait.....

Offline Jobilo

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2014, 21:33 »
Got a call from VW (Newbury) today to confirm that my order was placed today and my GTD should be ready for collection by the end of August with the current lead times... :smiley:
Golf GTD, Tornado Red, 5dr, Manual, Keyless due in September!