Author Topic: Annoying dash noise  (Read 8549 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Annoying dash noise
« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2014, 20:43 »
I have a hollow plastic squeak eminating from the flexing of the passenger seatbelt clasp when the missus is in the car. There are many sources of noise on the MK7. I've had squeaky/creaky suspension mount bearings, i've had the dashboard buzz around 1500-1700rpm which fixed itself (apparently) when the car went in for other warranty work.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 21 February 2014, 17:19 »
Had a wee day off work today so decided to pop into VW and arranged for the master technician to to come out for a test drive. Right from the off the noise was very audible so he has taken a recording and the car is booked in for Wednesday. The only small issue is that I go on holiday for two weeks on Thursday so the car is going to be sitting at the dealership for all that time.

I suppose if it gets the issue fixed once and for all then it's no big deal.

Offline Damo66

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 22 February 2014, 12:14 »
I have mine booked in next Wednesday for the well alignment, the service manage drove the car and agrees it is not right, surprise surprise the dash nise has vanished..
Beetle (1975)
MK2 Golf GTI 16V
MK3 Golf GTI
Corrado G60
MK3 VR6
Passat Sport PDI
MK4 Golf GTI PDI 150
MK5 GTDI 140
MK5 Golf GTI
MK6 Golf R
MK6 Golf GTD
MK6 Golf GTI Ed 35
Beetle Sport TDI
MK7 Golf GTD

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 19 March 2014, 18:52 »
Well collected the car from VW today and touch wood the noise seems to have been silenced. They eventually traced it to the trim at the plenum chamber (whatever that is) and sound proofed it. So it wasn't the sound actuator after all it would appear.

I hope this is the end of it finally and I can get back to enjoying the car  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline AdmiralGant

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 03 April 2014, 17:22 »
Did you get a fix on this after all guys?

I seem to have developed a buzzing sound in Sport mode in the dash at certain revs and the sound act has taken on a new note as if some bees have taken residence. Chose any other mode and it is not there so must be related to the SA.
Fleet

On Order - BMW 330d M Sport with M Sport Plus pack, voodoo lights, adaptive cruise, dampers - Battleship

Decommissioned 20/1/16 - GTD Mk 7 DSG 5dr Carbon Grey, ACC, Winter Pack, Class - Pocket Battleship (Flagship) - commissioned 21/1/14

Seat Ibiza FR TDI 130, Flame Red, Class - Frigate - commissioned 01/09/07

Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX+, quasar grey, Class - destroyer - commissioned 30/11/08

Suzuki Bandit 650, red, Class - covette - commissioned 01/09/05

Offline Damo66

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 06 April 2014, 09:29 »
That's what mine was doing, it is intermittent so I havnt bothered going back to get it looked at.
Beetle (1975)
MK2 Golf GTI 16V
MK3 Golf GTI
Corrado G60
MK3 VR6
Passat Sport PDI
MK4 Golf GTI PDI 150
MK5 GTDI 140
MK5 Golf GTI
MK6 Golf R
MK6 Golf GTD
MK6 Golf GTI Ed 35