Author Topic: What are these MK4 alloys?  (Read 2528 times)

Offline NotMyName

• GTI forum regular
What are these MK4 alloys?
« on: 14 November 2017, 22:47 »
Basically i'll be selling a set of these alloys soon but i want to do myself a favour and put more than just "Golf alloys" in the listing.

I know they came off a MK4 Golf. To be specific they game off a GT TDI 130. Whether they started out their life on the GTTDI i don't know but they were on it when we got them.

If it's not against forum rules then what would be a reasonable price to ask for for a set of these WITHOUT tyres? The condition on them isn't the best so they could do with a refurb. If asking for a valuation is against forum rules then rather than delete the thread could a mod just edit out this section but leave the bit asking for info on the alloys? Thanks.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: What are these MK4 alloys?
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2017, 23:13 »
Montreal 2s worth 50 quid if ur lucky

Offline NotMyName

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2017, 23:17 »
£50 for all 4 as in £12.50 an alloy?

And thanks for the name :)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2017, 23:37 »
£50 for all 4 as in £12.50 an alloy?

And thanks for the name :)
That's if your lucky

Offline NotMyName

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 15 November 2017, 14:25 »
Oops, just seen the sticky about asking for prices. Sorry about that. Mod can feel free to delete that out.

Out of interest would you expect it to make much difference if tyres were with the alloys?

I recently had bother selling some rims because they had tyres on them. People seemed to either want the rims or the tyres but not both.

I have some tyres that would fit. I'm just not about to pay £40 to get them fitted in the hope that it gets me a sale.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 15 November 2017, 19:53 »
Oops, just seen the sticky about asking for prices. Sorry about that. Mod can feel free to delete that out.

Out of interest would you expect it to make much difference if tyres were with the alloys?

I recently had bother selling some rims because they had tyres on them. People seemed to either want the rims or the tyres but not both.

I have some tyres that would fit. I'm just not about to pay £40 to get them fitted in the hope that it gets me a sale.
Sell them separate as with tyres your lucky to get 80 quid  :smiley: