Author Topic: Wind deflectors  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: Wind deflectors
« Reply #10 on: 22 July 2019, 12:37 »
New member joins and asks a straightforward question. New member receives some snide unwelcoming comments about their potential choices. New member seemingly disappears.

Keep it classy lads, keep it classy. :rolleyes:

Trying to keep it classy by saying don't fit them. :grin:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 22 July 2019, 13:08 »
New member joins and asks a straightforward question. New member receives some snide unwelcoming comments about their potential choices. New member seemingly disappears.

Keep it classy lads, keep it classy.  :rolleyes:

I don't understand this, no-one has made any snide comments that I can see, certainly not in my understanding of the word. Fair enough the OP hasn't as yet had an answer to his query but that's hardly unusual on a forum...

I don't think there were any snide comments as such. But Exonian's first reply was perhaps a little harsh  :grin:

Welcome Ian.

Unfortunately I can’t answer that question and can never fathom why people fit butt ugly wind deflectors to a car that has climate control.

I enjoy fresh air so have the windows down as much as is possible but above 40 mph really isn't an option in the Golf so perhaps the wind deflectors would help. I think a lot of people fit them to be cool as it seems like the done things for modded Mk7s on Instagram etc.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 27 July 2019, 15:45 »
Exonian's first reply was perhaps a little harsh  :grin:

Ok, a little harsh maybe and I apologise. Must’ve been having a bad week.

I’m waging a one man war on wind deflectors

I have learnt a few things from this thread though, interesting as always to see different people’s take on things.

I’ve also been paying closer attention to cars I’ve physically seen with wind deflectors these last couple weeks to see how they’ve been attached. No mk7 Golfs unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your take). A workman was parked around the corner from me all week with a Bora sporting the delightful deflectors so I had a close look. The heavily sloped rear door windows were a very different shape to the Golf ones so not really a useful comparison. I did try though!

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner