Author Topic: Noticeable differences?  (Read 20787 times)

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
2011 3dr Mk6 GTI in CSG - Manual - RNS510/Bluetooth - Winter Pack - Optical Parking Assist - 18'' BBS SR Satin Grey - Few other bits' n bobs

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Noticeable differences?
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2014, 18:10 »
From experience, replica wheels are much heavier than original wheels and will have a noticeable effect on performance, ride and handling. They are also likely to suffer from surface corrosion no matter how well you maintain them. Then there is the issue of them looking different. Have a look at them compared to original ones and there are differences. Those that know (including you) will know they are fake and to me, that spoils a really nice car.

They is a set of brand new genuine Monza Shadows for sale in the classifieds on here that might be worth a look.

www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=271339.0  It's the worst add ever, but knowing the seller from when he was on here with his Mk6, they will be what he says they are.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2014, 18:25 »
From experience, replica wheels are much heavier than original wheels and will have a noticeable effect on performance, ride and handling. They are also likely to suffer from surface corrosion no matter how well you maintain them. Then there is the issue of them looking different. Have a look at them compared to original ones and there are differences. Those that know (including you) will know they are fake and to me, that spoils a really nice car.

They is a set of brand new genuine Monza Shadows for sale in the classifieds on here that might be worth a look.

www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=271339.0  It's the worst add ever, but knowing the seller from when he was on here with his Mk6, they will be what he says they are.

Your so handy man! Thanks, im abit of cheap skate, since im a student...

Also, tyres... Looking at Nankang Eco 2's... on wheelbasealloys there have a Wet weather rating of C and Fuel C with 72Db... decent for the price, but no doubt they'll have some faults? Longevity etc?

Thanks for the help
2011 3dr Mk6 GTI in CSG - Manual - RNS510/Bluetooth - Winter Pack - Optical Parking Assist - 18'' BBS SR Satin Grey - Few other bits' n bobs

Offline hef

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2014, 13:50 »

Also, tyres... Looking at Nankang Eco 2's... on wheelbasealloys there have a Wet weather rating of C and Fuel C with 72Db... decent for the price, but no doubt they'll have some faults? Longevity etc?

Thanks for the help

nankang's are awful tyres from experience. just look at the reviews.

I'm about to purchase Vredestein Ultrac Vorti's. Really under-rated tyre...and at £80 a corner for 225/40/18 I can't complain. They're better than goodyear eagle f1's apparently
Toronado Red Edition 35

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2014, 14:08 »

Thanks for the help

I'm about to purchase Vredestein Ultrac Vorti's. Really under-rated tyre...and at £80 a corner for 225/40/18 I can't complain. They're better than goodyear eagle f1's apparently

+1 for Vredesteins, my next set when I need em or when I finally decide to get after market wheels are gonna be Vredestein ultrac sessantas. Cheap as chips and completely under-rated
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2014, 17:25 »

Thanks for the help

+1 for Vredesteins, my next set when I need em or when I finally decide to get after market wheels are gonna be Vredestein ultrac sessantas. Cheap as chips and completely under-rated
Ah sh!te, well i went ahead and got the Nankangs today... hadn't seen this... To be honest, the road noise is very minimal and im quite impressed with them right now... having only done around 50 miles or so i can't give a full verdict but we'll see.

But anyway, heres a pic of the alloys i got!!

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2014, 17:27 »
actually how do i add photos...

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2014, 17:27 »
IMG_0359.JPG

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 27 November 2014, 17:27 »
hmmmm

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 27 November 2014, 17:28 »