Author Topic: ITG intake..sound? recommended?  (Read 4327 times)

Offline xHeartcoreboyx

• Not said much yet
ITG intake..sound? recommended?
« on: 02 March 2011, 22:02 »
I am going APR stage 2 and UR DP in a week and thinking of picking up an intake to go with it, since i have some coins to spend  :evil:

I need some turbo noise while keeping the temps down and no just cone on a stick design.

My choices:

APR's carbonio filter: everyone says it's QUIET...

ITG induction kit: people seem to like it, but i don't know if it's quiet like APR's or how good the foam material is.

Forge's Twintake: it's my favorite, but forge says it's US only, due to maf differences

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline SteveP

• I live here
Re: ITG intake..sound? recommended?
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2011, 18:30 »
I have the ITG and love it, it makes a slight bit more noise. The foam quality is very good.

I have some pics of mine after it did 10k miles through the British winter, took 5 mins to clean and never noticeably dropped in performance despite the level of crud on it  :smiley:

Offline xHeartcoreboyx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2011, 22:31 »
Sounds awesome!!

What would work better for a dusty and hot weather constantly? foam or cotton?

I think you used to have a carbonio, can you tell which make more noise?

honestly i do love the gains with a chip, but i care A LOT about the turbo sounds!

oh and in for any supporting pics!

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2011, 11:52 »
My Carbonio is quite noisey on half throttle ( full throttle exhaust noise over powers it ) and get a nice loud "tsshhhhh" when coming off throttle with the re-circ'sd air. I am on Revo Stage 2 also.

APR Stage 2+

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2011, 12:10 »
I can sort of understand why people wish to speed-up their cars within reason. But why on earth would you wish to turn it into a noisy barge is simply astonishing. :rolleyes:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #5 on: 04 March 2011, 14:42 »
I can sort of understand why people wish to speed-up their cars within reason. But why on earth would you wish to turn it into a noisy barge is simply astonishing. :rolleyes:

+1, why ever did you not buy a noisy Subaru or something similar if you want a racket from your back end.  I like the quiet of my Golf, you lot are like little boy racers fettling with your intake valves, adding this and that at great expense, you'll f**k your warranty and will never get back the value spent when you come to sell on.  Waste of time.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 04 March 2011, 14:48 »
I think the phase you pair need to learn is ETTO.

Offline xHeartcoreboyx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 04 March 2011, 15:59 »
My Carbonio is quite noisey on half throttle ( full throttle exhaust noise over powers it ) and get a nice loud "tsshhhhh" when coming off throttle with the re-circ'sd air. I am on Revo Stage 2 also.

Yup, sounds like i will end up with the sexy carbonio, since the ITG is quiet too, according to SteveP.

Offline xHeartcoreboyx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 04 March 2011, 16:00 »
I am not trying to turn it into a loud car, if i did, i would have gotten a loud ass cat back.

I just love hearing all the turbo spooling in the car, that's it, i don't care how it sounds like from the outside.

Offline xHeartcoreboyx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 04 March 2011, 16:02 »
I think the phase you pair need to learn is ETTO.

Exactly! many people think my car is a POS just because it's a small hatch. i would careless.