Author Topic: mk6 Golf v BMW 1-series  (Read 12248 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: mk6 Golf v BMW 1-series
« Reply #30 on: 06 September 2009, 22:09 »
the 1 series is a waste of space.

Not as good an all round car as the Golf - but a waste of space?

Not according to this test!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqqtjvO7YZc&feature=related

i don't listen to critics.  its like watching a film, invariably i disagree with what some sweaty fat bloke in an office drinking coffee all day says.  like i say, i have nothing against beemers, i have been in a 320d (slow), a 330i (sweet) and a z4 (awesome) and always been impressed with the interior.  i was amazed how sh1te the 1 series was.  all personal preference but i wouldn't drive one if you paid me.  :laugh:

If you mean the interior is sh1te I tend to agree, the plastics seem a bit cheap. It is fairly well put together though.

in terms of build quality yes its v good i agree.  but its all plastic city inside!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
Re: mk6 Golf v BMW 1-series
« Reply #31 on: 07 September 2009, 16:12 »

I think the 'M' sport varieties are better looking than the bread and butter models, especially in 3-door guise.

As T_T said, the petrol models are shyte - unless you get a 3.0 litre V6  :wink:

Golf MKVI, every time  :grin:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?