Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529519 times)

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #180 on: 09 December 2015, 20:22 »
^^

That's better. :cool:  Looks very smart, I love a monochrome GTI. Mk6 is a great looking car IMO.

Mk6 how dare you Mr's Booth :cry: - you should have gone to Specsavers...... :laugh:
« Last Edit: 09 December 2015, 20:32 by Eccie »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #181 on: 09 December 2015, 21:41 »
^^

That's better. :cool:  Looks very smart, I love a monochrome GTI. Mk6 is a great looking car IMO.

Mk6 how dare you Mr's Booth :cry: - you should have gone to Specsavers...... :laugh:

Haha, I can't believe I typed that. :embarrassed:  :laugh:  Was meant to say Mk7 GTI is a great looking car, but I think the black Monzas made me have Mk6 on the brain.  Either way, Mk5,6,7 whatever, lol, yours is a great looking car.  :cool:

Presume the Monza's are your winter wheels?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #182 on: 10 December 2015, 12:20 »
Yeah that looks great Eccie. Them wheels suit it really well!

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #183 on: 10 December 2015, 13:22 »

Yes those are my winter wheels + winter tyres - the Austin's are tucked away until the spring :cool:

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #184 on: 10 December 2015, 13:27 »
Yeah that looks great Eccie. Them wheels suit it really well!

Thanks KyleB I think the black wheels give it a harder more menacing look - I keep toying with the idea of having the rear of the roof wrapped gloss black, think it'd look well with the sunroof.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #185 on: 10 December 2015, 14:24 »

Yes those are my winter wheels + winter tyres - the Austin's are tucked away until the spring :cool:

They really suit the car.  :cool:

Gloss black roof on a white car - used to love this look and it does look great, but starting to look a bit dated now IMO.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #186 on: 10 December 2015, 16:25 »

Gloss black roof on a white car - used to love this look and it does look great, but starting to look a bit dated now IMO.

I'm Crushed :cry:     Once again, I'm at the back of the queue........... :angry:

Anyhow after cleaning my car yesterday, my wife promptly took it today and 'told' me to clean her car, Oh and don't forget to fill it up were her parting words......... :kiss:

Its not VAG but it is detailing

« Last Edit: 10 December 2015, 16:28 by Eccie »

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #187 on: 10 December 2015, 16:33 »
Went to the local hand/brush car wash place.

Not to have anything done you'll be glad to hear, but to talk to them about me designing a new covered wash area and enclosed valleting bays.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #188 on: 10 December 2015, 16:36 »

I'm Crushed :cry:     Once again, I'm at the back of the queue........... :angry:

Anyhow after cleaning my car yesterday, my wife promptly took it today and 'told' me to clean her car, Oh and don't forget to fill it up were her parting words......... :kiss:

Its not VAG but it is detailing

Ah, it's all clear now.  I sense a theme going on in the Eccie household.  :grin:  You want a black roof to match Mrs'.  It's a good look but has been done to death.   But her car looks lovely and clean and hopefully has a full tank.  :wink:

Nearly a month since mine last done  :cry:  It's no longer Deep Black Pearl but Crap Grey.  When I'm walking back to it in the works car park, I'm tempted to keep walking, such is the state of it and my shame.  :cry:  Planning to clean it on Sat morning, unless the weather conspires against me. 

« Last Edit: 10 December 2015, 16:39 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #189 on: 10 December 2015, 16:38 »
Went to the local hand/brush car wash place.

Not to have anything done you'll be glad to hear, but to talk to them about me designing a new covered wash area and enclosed valleting bays.

I was just about to ban you from here Simon, but you just redeemed yourself.  Still now you are doing work for 'the other side'  :tongue:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual