Author Topic: New Mk7.5 GTI owner  (Read 1442 times)

Offline N14ll

• Not said much yet
New Mk7.5 GTI owner
« on: 17 March 2020, 21:28 »
Hi all, just dropping in to say hi  :lipsrsealed: I've just paid the deposit on a 2019 GTI performance in white with 19" Brescia's, sunroof, DSG & some more extras. Hopefully collecting it in the next week or so if this pandemic doesn't bring everything to a halt. I'm new to the GTI ownership exoskeleton with this being my first VW. I've owned Audis, Beemers & Alfa Romeo's in the past.
2019 Mk7.5 GTI PP
Pure White, DSG, ACC, DCC, Pano roof, 19 Brescias, Rieger rear diffuser....at the moment😂

Offline Ashtons99

• Not said much yet
Re: New Mk7.5 GTI owner
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2020, 21:41 »
Hi, I’m just looking for a similar spec car, I just wondered whether you managed to get any sort of a deal on the screen price. I’ve been in touch with 2 dealers this week neither of whom were prepared to move on price. The salesman said they had seen virtually no customers for 3 days this week but the lack of business doesn’t seem to reflect in their willingness to try and sell me a car !

Offline N14ll

• Not said much yet
Re: New Mk7.5 GTI owner
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2020, 09:45 »
Hi, I’m just looking for a similar spec car, I just wondered whether you managed to get any sort of a deal on the screen price. I’ve been in touch with 2 dealers this week neither of whom were prepared to move on price. The salesman said they had seen virtually no customers for 3 days this week but the lack of business doesn’t seem to reflect in their willingness to try and sell me a car !

I got him to move on price alright but I'm sure they had allowed for this in the advertised price in the first place. Having said that it was still better than any other dealership around. I'm in Ireland where there is not such a stock of GTI's available so his willingness to move on price was surprising as this was probably the best spec'd one available and at a good price (relatively speaking). I'd imagine with how long the current pandemic will most likely go on for dealerships will start to feel a knock on effect and are not going to want used/pre registered cars sat on their forecourts losing money. Obviously new orders will be a different matter.
2019 Mk7.5 GTI PP
Pure White, DSG, ACC, DCC, Pano roof, 19 Brescias, Rieger rear diffuser....at the moment😂