Author Topic: Weber issues after start up...very low [stalling] idle when warm and choke in  (Read 734 times)

Offline scaffold

• Not said much yet
Hi all,

I've just picke up a 1.6 ryder fitted with a weber. With the choke out and a flick of the keys the car starts absolutely fine. However, when warm and the choke is taken in the idle drops ridiculously low and the car struggles for a while before stalling.

It's not my everyday car, so it's currently on the drive until I've time on the weekend to investigate but does anyone have any pointers to get me heading in the right direction?

First thoughts were that the car has been sat for a long time [18months by the previous owners admission] so I'm sure the fuel isn't great. Probably worth a splash of new stuff which wouldn't hurt. After that, I guess strip the carb, check floats and clean it all up. Carb gasket rebuild kits aren't expensive and again, shouldn't make the issue any worse. Idle speed screw check? Vacuum hose check to see if any have perished? All things that I'm going to check to start with but any additional pointers or advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

scaffold