Author Topic: Wayne - Octavia VRS  (Read 23380 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Wayne - Octavia VRS
« on: 04 May 2011, 22:08 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Wayne - Octavia VRS
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2011, 23:39 »
So I sold the Picasso 3 weeks ago and started searching for something interesting, always had a soft spot for the Octavia VRS but they have always been over budget, this was under budget and to me a bargain with the amount of work it is had done in the last 3 months.

2001 (51) 1.8 20v t (AQU 180bhp), 115k with fsh including all old mot's and nearly all old bills, has had the all important cam belt and water pump plus a stack of other work for the last mot,

Only real issue and why it was cheaper is the front bumper has been badly repainted some time in its life.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2011, 23:41 »
A pic of the interior.

And the only real bad bit and why it was a cheaper than it should have been.

Only plans really at the moment is to sort the bumper, give it a good clean, front mud flaps and replace the grille badges.

I am also thinking of pressed plates and some number plate surrounds.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2011, 21:46 »
A small update.

Front mudflaps fitted, they to me finish it off.

Replaced the V badge with new as it was stuck in the wrong place.

I also on both sides have straightened the sills where it has been wrongly jacked in the past and then undersealed.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2011, 21:28 »
Couple of small jobs today.

The front mats were in a poor state, did not want ebay copies, managed to find a pair of genuine front ones on the Skoda forum.

Before.

After.

Front badge.

Before.

After.

« Last Edit: 25 June 2011, 09:05 by Wayne »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2011, 20:34 »
Major job for today, after checking through all the paperwork, I could see no record of the oil pick up pipe having been replaced, the general view is that it needs replacing around 75k, mine was near 116k so got the parts and one of the engineers in work offered to sort for me as I was working, all in all took just over 2hrs, also fitted a new oil filter.

I was shocked at the state of the pick up pipe, it was nearly blocked so could have been very expensive soon.

I have also today got around to replacing the indicator that will not dry out, not easy to find s/h as vRS is different,

Before:

After:
« Last Edit: 25 June 2011, 09:07 by Wayne »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2011, 21:47 »
So I got the phone call in work today :afro: and collected this, top notch job by a local bodyshop that do a lot of work for BMW, Audi and Mercedes etc.

Started with this:

A few close up pics to show how bad the old bumper was.

During the change over, painted / tidied up with some spare satin black all the parts that had overspray.

Finished including the black grille surround with new badge, also fitted my new number plate surrounds and plates plus silvertec indicator bulbs.

« Last Edit: 25 June 2011, 09:11 by Wayne »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2011, 22:17 »
A few pics from today.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 26 June 2011, 19:31 »
New mirror covers arrived today, plus doing the grille again :lipsrsealed:

So faced with a choice of paying the bodyshop to sort it or give it a go myself.

All in 4 primer and 10 :shocked: coats of gloss black on the mirrors got them looking like this, a couple of small runs but it is only mirrors at the end of the day.

However when it dried they looked horrid, so will be getting them done by the bodyshop.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2011, 20:11 by Wayne »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2011, 20:07 »
Have had a busy day.

New grille center section (old one was broke)

Fitted plus Mirror covers, colour matched surround and new custom retro badge

Painted all brakes and hubs, never had any black so went mad and did it all green also forgot to take pictures with the wheels off.

Debadged the boot plus matching retro badge.