Author Topic: 130 turbo ,currently boosting 2.1 bar, 195/205 bhp ,150 turbo wit remapin ??  (Read 10987 times)

Offline james c

• Not said much yet
  • honda eater
puting a 150 bhp turbo on my mrk4 golf which has a blown 130 turbo on it at the minute (til tomoro)....with a remap what kind of extra power / torque will i get ... Intercooler has being upgraded

fabricated pipes and fittings , no leaks a tall

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
2.1 bar!!???  :shocked: :shocked:

Hope you got shares in Garret Turbos  :laugh: :laugh:

130 with a 150 turbo and properly mapped should see around the 210bhp+ mark  :smiley:

EDIT - re-read and see the OP is putting a STANDARD 150 turbo on the car
« Last Edit: 12 September 2012, 10:35 by Rhyso »

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
210 Rhyso!?

Really...So does that mean that a properly mapped 150, say with a upg FMIC healthy clutch and turbo, would reach over 210?  :undecided:

The 130 has smaller injectors........ :shocked:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
210 Rhyso!?

Really...So does that mean that a properly mapped 150, say with a upg FMIC healthy clutch and turbo, would reach over 210?  :undecided:

130 has the same injectors  :wink:

210 is for a non-smoky map  :wink:  Anything approaching 220bhp+ is approaching the limits of the injectors in terms of duty cycle and duration

150 would need a hybrid turbo too to reach over 200bhp

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Really?  :shocked: I thought the difference were the IC and the injectors?...You know more than me  :lipsrsealed: :rolleyes:

So then the only differences ARE the IC and the map?  :undecided:

But still, how would a 130 'easily' make 200+ and a 150 could? Surely if you put the same upgrades on a 150 then it would see more if not the same? :huh:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Turbo and intercooler are the differences

That's what I meant; put the same (uprated) turbo on the 150 and it will make the same power as the 130 with an uprated turbo and intercooler  :nerd:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!

That's what I meant; put the same (uprated) turbo on the 150 and it will make the same power as the 130 with an uprated turbo and intercooler  :nerd:

But the OP is talking about putting a 150 turbo on his 130...So then it would basically be an ARL with a better FMIC...I think I follow what you are saying  :embarrassed:  :tongue:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot

But the OP is talking about putting a 150 turbo on his 130...So then it would basically be an ARL with a better FMIC...I think I follow what you are saying  :embarrassed:  :tongue:

You got it  :wink:

Offline james c

• Not said much yet
  • honda eater
210 Rhyso!?

210 is for a non-smoky map  :wink:  Anything approaching 220bhp+ is approaching the limits of the injectors in terms of duty cycle and duration

clutch nd fly wheel has being upgraded two , i coped dat they are the first tins to go wit a heavy map ,
if i get the injectors off a 150 would dey suit or would i be pushin it

i beat one of the lads in a 215 bhp golf before the turbo went , wit the 150 shud i not get a bit more ?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
210 Rhyso!?

clutch nd fly wheel has being upgraded two , i coped dat they are the first tins to go wit a heavy map ,
if i get the injectors off a 150 would dey suit or would i be pushin it

i beat one of the lads in a 215 bhp golf before the turbo went , wit the 150 shud i not get a bit more ?

130 and 150 have the same injectors

Just-re-reading the OP - if you are putting a STANDARD 150 turbo on a 130 then you'll see around 190bhp+

If its a hybrid 150 turbo then 210bhp+
« Last Edit: 12 September 2012, 10:37 by Rhyso »