Author Topic: * R-TECH REMAP INFO PLEASE *  (Read 2316 times)

Offline RAN5OM

• Just got here
* R-TECH REMAP INFO PLEASE *
« on: 15 April 2009, 02:17 »
Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie in the world of modding cars. I've just got my first VW 2001 Golf Mk4 1.8T AUM. I've heard good things about u guys!

I'm looking at modding it ready for BugJam in July. I'm thinking of getting a Milltek resonated full system, Forge 007, K&N 57i,

R-Tech remap.
Does this sound a good combination? Which mods should I get done before the remap? How much power do I expect?

I really appreciate any advice and recommendations. Thanks for your help. Jordan

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: * R-TECH REMAP INFO PLEASE *
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2009, 17:04 »
R- Tech are spot on :afro:

Sounds like a good combination to me - the only thing you should do with remap is the 007p valve.

Your looking at around 210  bhp from an AUM  :cool:
« Last Edit: 15 April 2009, 21:59 by richw911 »

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2009, 17:06 »
Sounds like a good combination to me - the only thing you should do with remap is the 007p valve.
And R-Tech will even do that for you at the same time if you like :)

Offline RAN5OM

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2009, 17:50 »
Alright boys at R-Tech!

Have you got any recommendations on performance parts i.e exhaust system, air filter etc?

Whats the best combination for a future R-Tech remap this summer?

Cheers

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2009, 08:05 »
hello mate

forge oo7p allways work well combined with a remap,as far as the k&n 57i goes there a no go either a pipercross panel filter in a smoothed standard airbox,or a good induction kit where the filter is sat on the end of induction pipe sat in the wheel arch.57i is no good as they only sit on the end of the maf,inside the engine bay,(this defeats the object as they will only suck in warm air from the engine.
          as far as the exhaust goes the most restrictive part is the cat,so either a sports cat/de cat is needed to free the revs up,milltek or custom made to fit your car is the way to go.

regards r-tech ben

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2009, 18:54 »
R TECH are a great tuning company. The guys are the most helpful guys i no not like these big companies who try and fob you off. Really try there best to help.  Well worth getting a remap done from them :grin:
Gone but still keeping a close eye on it...

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.