Author Topic: Remap or Modification  (Read 2960 times)

Offline MarkFiveGTI

• Not said much yet
  • Mark's GTI
Remap or Modification
« on: 25 October 2008, 18:04 »
I have recently purchased a 2005 Golf GTi and it is completely standard and i would like to get a bit more power out of the car.

I have looked into remaps and REVo seems like a good option but i am worried taking the engine upto 250bhp may cause damage and its very expensive!

Should i go for the re map or are there some cheaper mods i can make???
Looking for a new GTI!!!

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
Re: Remap or Modification
« Reply #1 on: 25 October 2008, 19:26 »
Hello,
Welcome to the forum. :smiley:

A remap is a must for any GTI. :grin:

A Revo remap running 250bhp on your 2005 GTI is a good and safe option and should not cause any damage to your engine. 
You engine set up is good for 300bhp+, The only thing limiting you to going to 300bhp+ is the stock fuel pump.
We are pushing the 197bhp 2.0tfsi to 250bhp+ with out any issues at all, EGTs are still very low, same with the 1.8t we tune some are running over 70bhp over stock and being driven every day some have 150+k on the clocks. 

The horror stories which have dogged the chipping and remapping game come drivers who dont know how to care for there cars, running low oil and thrashing the car, not letting the turbo spool down and cool down before turning the engine off, cheap cone filters, constant redline driving, driving with faults stored in the ecu, cheap and nasty BOVs relocated elsewhere, MBCs added.... poor servicing ...the list will go on. :sick:

If you have a good nose in the MK5 section I am 100% sure the guys in there will put you right and tell you the ins and outs.

If you approach Revo with your concerns I am sure they will put your mind at ease aswell.

Nick
R-Tech

« Last Edit: 25 October 2008, 19:29 by RTechUK »

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline MarkFiveGTI

• Not said much yet
  • Mark's GTI
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2008, 19:38 »
Hello,
Welcome to the forum. :smiley:

A remap is a must for any GTI. :grin:

A Revo remap running 250bhp on your 2005 GTI is a good and safe option and should not cause any damage to your engine. 
You engine set up is good for 300bhp+, The only thing limiting you to going to 300bhp+ is the stock fuel pump.
We are pushing the 197bhp 2.0tfsi to 250bhp+ with out any issues at all, EGTs are still very low, same with the 1.8t we tune some are running over 70bhp over stock and being driven every day some have 150+k on the clocks. 

The horror stories which have dogged the chipping and remapping game come drivers who dont know how to care for there cars, running low oil and thrashing the car, not letting the turbo spool down and cool down before turning the engine off, cheap cone filters, constant redline driving, driving with faults stored in the ecu, cheap and nasty BOVs relocated elsewhere, MBCs added.... poor servicing ...the list will go on. :sick:

If you have a good nose in the MK5 section I am 100% sure the guys in there will put you right and tell you the ins and outs.

If you approach Revo with your concerns I am sure they will put your mind at ease aswell.

Nick
R-Tech

Thanks for your advice it is much appreciated, i am still in the early stages of my research before i take the plunge!!! What kind of remaps do you guys offer at R-Tech and where are you guys based?

Cheers,

Mark.

Looking for a new GTI!!!

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #3 on: 25 October 2008, 19:57 »
Hello,

An R-Tech spec1 197bhp 2.0FTSI remap for the Golf GTI Mk5 will offer around 245bhp & 320Nm.  We are located in the Midlands.

Dont rush into it! I tell everyone if they are unsure then dont go for a remap until they know what it is all about. It might sound a bit off putting, but it allows people to read up on the internet and froum and talk to others who have had the car already remapped.

A good option is a Revo trial remap is your unsure?

Nick
R-Tech

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline MarkFiveGTI

• Not said much yet
  • Mark's GTI
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2008, 20:02 »
Hello,

An R-Tech spec1 197bhp 2.0FTSI remap for the Golf GTI Mk5 will offer around 245bhp & 320Nm.  We are located in the Midlands.

Dont rush into it! I tell everyone if they are unsure then dont go for a remap until they know what it is all about. It might sound a bit off putting, but it allows people to read up on the internet and froum and talk to others who have had the car already remapped.

A good option is a Revo trial remap is your unsure?

Nick
R-Tech

Once again thanks for your advice. I am pretty keen on keeping the car regulary serviced and checked over so i think that side of things should be ok. If i was to go with a re map is there any other mods i could make to enhance the remap such as the fuel pump? and any others!!!

Cheers,

Mark.
Looking for a new GTI!!!