Author Topic: NEW GTD 7.5  (Read 8297 times)

Offline Tricky Red

• Just got here
NEW GTD 7.5
« on: 09 November 2017, 10:29 »
Hi All,
Picked up my Issac Blue GTD a week ago today and thought it would be interesting to record my first impressions. By way of background my most recent car was a Mazda 6 2.2 Diesel and prior to that an A3 2.0TDi.

Before getting in for the first time I had a good walk around as I'd not actually seen the colour in the flesh before ordering. Gotta say I love this colour, for me it sits right between 'pretty' and 'mean' which is my preferred persona!  :whistle:

Not the same type of car I know but it knocks the 6 into a cocked hat in any category you care to mention
this is clearly a smaller car but it looks so much better, the size is just somehow right and asthetically its a 10 from me. As a side note I'm paying £90 a month less than I did for the 6 so 'Happy Days'.

The interior is the standard Black/Gray tartan, in my mind I would have preferred Black nappa but I got a lease deal on this particular car so no personalisation but 1 week on I'm more than happy with the seats as they are.

Without whittering on too long after the first Thousand miles my main likes are:
Colour
Grunt
Radar Cruise control
Feeling the road
Apple car play
Meguires polish

After 1100 miles my life time avg consumption is 57mpg against published 61.5, it seems to be getting marginally better each day!

Overall very happy with the car, everything works well although would be interested to hear peoples views on the Sat Nav, I use the waze App which i really rate and last night had both running together and if I had to choose after 1 journey I'd go with Waze as it's more responsive and accurate on timings.

Few pics hopefully via the link:
Cheers TR

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ys6ngjsc6oweorx/AADOPClh2ihFaKHd0kr-pEN0a?dl=0

Offline Tricky Red

• Just got here
Re: NEW GTD 7.5
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2017, 10:31 »
ps let me know if the link works!!

And I love the virtual Dash by the way!!

Offline Ian_C

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2017, 16:25 »
Yep, link is working. Looks good!

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2017, 18:04 »
I like to run the inbuilt satnav with notifications turned off on the AID and then run Waze through CarPlay so I get speed camera and police car alerts. The inbuilt sat nav isn’t that great really on its own.

Offline Tricky Red

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 20 November 2017, 21:38 »
ooh! I didnt think waze was availabe through carplay! I tried moving it but my phone wont have it
Fast realising the car Nav is pretty rubbish

Offline Tricky Red

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2017, 21:40 »
I like to run the inbuilt satnav with notifications turned off on the AID and then run Waze through CarPlay so I get speed camera and police car alerts. The inbuilt sat nav isn’t that great really on its own.

Thanks Ian,
added a Black boot badge and ordered a skin for the front now  :smiley:

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 November 2017, 19:40 »
ooh! I didnt think waze was availabe through carplay! I tried moving it but my phone wont have it
Fast realising the car Nav is pretty rubbish

When I say run Waze through CarPlay, what I really mean is play songs on Spotify and link the Spotify app to Waze. Apple unfortunately like people to use their own maps app so haven’t given map app devs permission to run on CarPlay.

Offline Daz321

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2018, 19:51 »
Hi I would be interested to know how you feel it is on the motorway, looking up get one thanks