Author Topic: Does DSG Sport mode activate ACC Sport mode?  (Read 2218 times)

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
Does DSG Sport mode activate ACC Sport mode?
« on: 26 July 2009, 08:26 »
Reading about the ACC in this month's VW Driver, I was wondering if Volkswagen has had the foresight to link the DSG gearbox to the suspension settings. Can anyone with this combination confirm, please?

Offline gossa

• I live here
Re: Does DSG Sport mode activate ACC Sport mode?
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2009, 21:59 »
It didn't in my Scirocco so doubt it would in the Golf. The ACC has a separate switch.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2009, 22:44 »
I think there's probably something to be said for allowing the driver to select their preferred combination.

Rolfe.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2009, 23:07 »
Reading about the ACC in this month's VW Driver, I was wondering if Volkswagen has had the foresight to link the DSG gearbox to the suspension settings. Can anyone with this combination confirm, please?

I doubt they would link it, it's activated by the touch of a button so I dont think that it will matter if your driving the Manual or DSG. It just means that the DSG'ers will have to take their hands off their flappy paddles for a sec or two to activate it. While the real drivers   :grin: left hand is in the area anyway while changing gears that they can activate it in a matter of miliseconds.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2009, 08:04 »
Thanks for you replies. You're probably right, I was just fantasizing about there being some kind of boost button that gives sharper handling and sportier gear changes (and more power would be awesome) :)

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2009, 08:24 »
Perhaps you've hit on an aftermarket idea here. Combine a remap switch with ACC sport and DSG sport.

Dragon's den application form that way!

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline Mighty_G

• Not said much yet
  • Tornado Red MK6 3 Door, 18 inch rims, AAC, RCD510
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2009, 22:31 »
Its two separates, not linked at all

Got the AAC, only switch to sport on rare occassions, Comfort setting is excellent for general driving :smiley:

Offline Spartacus

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 03 August 2009, 09:14 »
This is how the Sport setting works on my ML420.

Press Sport and the car drops by 20mm ( air suspension ) gearbox upchanges are held on for longer as well.

I think that the seat side bolsters move in as well.

The whole charachter of the car changes at the push of that button.

Should be the same with VW, its only electronics after all.
Mk6 GTi - returned to leasing company after 3 great years and replaced with :

Mk5 GTi - Edition 30 - Revo 1 and some tweaks - 310 bhp. Its a better car than the Mk6  - Now sold and replaced with :

Mk6 R - Rising Blue 5 Door. Won't be standard 270bhp for long

Family Car : Mercedes ML420 with 360 bhp
Looking at Porsche Macan as replacement