Author Topic: GTD Sound Actuator  (Read 82747 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: GTD Sound Actuator
« Reply #190 on: 11 June 2014, 22:32 »
I gave my daughter a shot of it and when she came back along the road I couldn't believe the noise it was making. It was growling away  :laugh: Not in an after market exhaust way though.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #191 on: 12 June 2014, 11:20 »
We've put some miles on ours and love the noise it makes, very very surprised at just how much different it is over the standard exhaust. Doesn't sound bad in normal either so money well spent there.

People do look at you though when driving in traffic through a town, they must be royally confused when they realise it's a diesel!

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #192 on: 06 January 2016, 13:38 »
Guys with the Sport & Sound Pack,

Just wondering if it gives you an option of the external exhaust noise when you change 'Individual' mode?

for example, so you can have cabin noise set to normal and exhaust set to sport or vice versa.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #193 on: 06 January 2016, 14:38 »
I'm not really sure what the cabin soundaktor does in an S&S car. I don't know if it gives the same noise as a non-S&S or if it is already disabled.

When I open the car window I hear the same noise in the cabin outside, which makes me think the soundaktor under the windscreen isn't doing a lot in an S&S car??

Maybe I should go unplug it and find out for us both!

Other than that, I don't know if you can adjust the exhaust volume in a new build - as the soundaktor volume control was not in my 14 build. So will be interesting if anyone here has a new S&S.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #194 on: 06 January 2016, 15:28 »
I thought the soundaktor volume control (cabin) was only on the R? (+ maybe GTI?)

Mines a 65 plate GTD without S&S pack.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #195 on: 06 January 2016, 22:11 »
I agree with ffrank.

The growl I hear from inside the cabin can be heard from outside as well so I'm not sure what is going on with the soundaktor or if it is even on.

The noise actually costs me a lot more in fuel as its really addictive and I just can't help putting my foot down to hear it.

Anyone that hears my car and is into cars always thinks I have put an after market exhaust on and don't believe its diesel.

If went for any other car that had a similar option I think it would be my first option.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline bri

• Not said much yet
« Reply #196 on: 06 January 2016, 23:08 »
Guys with the Sport & Sound Pack,

Just wondering if it gives you an option of the external exhaust noise when you change 'Individual' mode?

for example, so you can have cabin noise set to normal and exhaust set to sport or vice versa.
in a word. no ,at least not on MIB 1 cars like mine. there is no option to have the external actuator on in individual mode.
sport mode switches the actuator on only, its off in all the other modes.

MK7 GOLF GTD .CARBON STEEL GREY MET.S+S

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #197 on: 06 January 2016, 23:39 »
in a word. no ,at least not on MIB 1 cars like mine. there is no option to have the external actuator on in individual mode.
If you put the engine in Sport in Individual the exhaust actuator is on for me, is that not the case for you? Or am I misunderstanding the question, I'm not sure I know what we are talking about anymore - but I do think I will try unplugging the front one to see if p3asa and my thoughts are correct.

Stevie - yes, it's pretty much permanently in sport for me too  :evil:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #198 on: 07 January 2016, 00:17 »
If you put the engine in Sport in Individual the exhaust actuator is on for me, is that not the case for you? Or am I misunderstanding the question, I'm not sure I know what we are talking about anymore

Yeah you can have the external noise on in individual mode (MIB1). In fact that's how mine is set-up as I think the steering is too heavy in sport so I have the individual settings set up the way I like.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #199 on: 16 September 2017, 12:26 »
reading through all this and thinking i need a uni degree in setting up the individual mode on this car :(

Is it a case of pour a vodka slippers on link up to youtube and set up your individual mode or is it a quick job  :rolleyes: