Author Topic: Abingdon Airfield Trackday  (Read 6017 times)

Offline bisketuk

• Just got here
Re: Abingdon Airfield Trackday
« Reply #10 on: 21 December 2008, 09:35 »
off subject sorry, you guys are all at benson, im a civi at lyneham, do you guys know andy hutton?

Offline Moschops

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 26 December 2008, 16:27 »
off subject sorry, you guys are all at benson, im a civi at lyneham, do you guys know andy hutton?

What trade is he ? Is he on one of the squadrons?  These might narrow it down a bit... :smiley:

I did 5 years at Lyneham back in the late eighties....home was Hercules block and the Survival Equipment Section.
Did my first posting at Abingdon, back in the days of Hawks, Hunters and Jaguars, plus the 2 university Air Squadrons and 6 AEF.
Cheers Wayne

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #12 on: 26 December 2008, 19:15 »
ey bye eck

abingdon til it closed as RAF,

lyneham for 10 years

now benson for 5

and no i dont know andy hutton  :grin:

Offline Moschops

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 27 December 2008, 15:19 »
Blimy Chuff, you did a long time at Lyneham... :smiley:  Where did you work?

My wife has just retired after 22 years.... :cool:  Now gone back to do the same job as a civvi...more money no agro... :wink:
Cheers Wayne

Offline euro dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 04 January 2009, 17:44 »
How much track time did you get here?  Do they do sessions or is it the full day?

Cheers

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 04 January 2009, 20:06 »
How much track time did you get here?  Do they do sessions or is it the full day?

Cheers
Its a full day. Signing on at 9am, Briefing at 9.30. Sighting laps at about 10am, then usually 3 fixed sessions and then open pit lane for the rest of the day.
No limit to time on track or how many sessions you do. We usually manage 9 or more sessions in the day.

Paul

Offline euro dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 14 January 2009, 13:09 »
Cheers,

hopefully I'll be there this Feb!

Offline bisketuk

• Just got here
« Reply #17 on: 18 January 2009, 10:50 »

What trade is he ? Is he on one of the squadrons?  These might narrow it down a bit... :smiley:

I did 5 years at Lyneham back in the late eighties....home was Hercules block and the Survival Equipment Section.
Did my first posting at Abingdon, back in the days of Hawks, Hunters and Jaguars, plus the 2 university Air Squadrons and 6 AEF.

ah i only ask as he's a mate and he said something about one of these gti fourms a mate of his a benson runs. not this one then lol