Author Topic: WTF?  (Read 1532 times)

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
Re: WTF?
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2010, 19:20 »
next question is what condition are ur engine mounts in?

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2010, 19:22 »
next question is what condition are ur engine mounts in?

That one has sprung to mind! i'm kinda hoping that they're not very good so i have reason to upgrade  :rolleyes:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2010, 19:24 »
the stiffer ride might have finished off an engine mount (2 new replies posted while typing, doh!), possibly maybe - also if they know their stuff they probably already cut down the bump stops but it's worth asking them as you could be bottoming out on them causing a knock. The other thing being used springs you could be bloody unlucky and had one of them snap already :undecided:

i take it you've only just noticed as you never mentioned it on saturday, could've had a look for you

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 13 January 2010, 19:33 »
They're practically new, They done less than Two-Thousand (no two button) Miles and they said that they're Mint at the garage. I only noticed it yesterday but i cant imagine it would be engine mounts if i can feel knocking in my footwell?

Cheers

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2010, 19:34 »
footwell would hint at something to do with the ARB or wishbone. I know it's minging outside but you could really do with jacking the car up and having a good nose around with a torch. Get bav to do it!

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #15 on: 13 January 2010, 20:41 »
I know it's minging outside but you could really do with jacking the car up and having a good nose around with a torch. Get bav to do it!

:afro: :grin: