Author Topic: XENON HID UPGRADE CLASSES + BRIGHTNESSES???  (Read 3289 times)

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
  • IS STILL SICK ABOUT CRASHING ME 1.8T AFTER 2 YEARS
Re: XENON HID UPGRADE CLASSES + BRIGHTNESSES???
« Reply #20 on: 18 March 2009, 20:58 »
like voodoo said they are not chavvy use you go silly and get the stupid 10000k ones then thats chavvy if you like the lights get them and fook what anybody else says.

Jkctr

« Reply #21 on: 18 March 2009, 21:03 »
Nope mate i live in newcastle am 30 years old with 2 jobs and love nothing more than staying in the house. Driving around a car park late at night is what i would do if i were ugly, had a few quid and needed a relief ( if you know what i mean ) lol

I can see your point but i wouldn agree that they are chavvy more that you either like em or you dont

Unfortunalty chavs seem to be able to afford these cars on dole money these days which makes it sh!t for us lovers of true german machines

Im not saying you are a chav, your lights dont define this you have to earn it  :grin:

I had HIDs by the way on my ctr, 6000k. Im not bashing HIDs, or you personally. Im just saying that in my opinion they are chavvy due to the fact i see them on chavvy cars!

like voodoo said they are not chavvy use you go silly and get the stupid 10000k ones then thats chavvy if you like the lights get them and fook what anybody else says.

Hmmm, so by your definition the 10000k ones are chavvy, yet the ones only slightly less purple, but still obviously not xenons, are not  :rolleyes:
Seeing as they are not actually legal i doubt you would say that to the mot person that fails your car or the police that are bored and stop you  :undecided:

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
  • IS STILL SICK ABOUT CRASHING ME 1.8T AFTER 2 YEARS
« Reply #22 on: 18 March 2009, 21:10 »
Nope mate i live in newcastle am 30 years old with 2 jobs and love nothing more than staying in the house. Driving around a car park late at night is what i would do if i were ugly, had a few quid and needed a relief ( if you know what i mean ) lol

I can see your point but i wouldn agree that they are chavvy more that you either like em or you dont

Unfortunalty chavs seem to be able to afford these cars on dole money these days which makes it sh!t for us lovers of true german machines

Im not saying you are a chav, your lights dont define this you have to earn it  :grin:

I had HIDs by the way on my ctr, 6000k. Im not bashing HIDs, or you personally. Im just saying that in my opinion they are chavvy due to the fact i see them on chavvy cars!

Hmmm, so by your definition the 10000k ones are chavvy, yet the ones only slightly less purple, but still obviously not xenons, are not  :rolleyes:
Seeing as they are not actually legal i doubt you would say that to the mot person that fails your car or the police that are bored and stop you  :undecided:

i havnt got hids and woundt get them as i just buy upgrade bulds.

i just hate the word chav if u are not a chav it irrotates me lol.

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 19 March 2009, 08:27 »
Theoretically, anything above 4.3K emits a more blue light and is therefore less light output.

Not theoretically mate, its 100% true. The xenons emit a brighter light but less physical light.

How is that possible? Your car emits 8000k, thats blue light. The xenons produce white light with a blue tinge as the spectrum starts to break.

8000k hids are chavvy and look incredibly sh!t. Annoys me when they go past as its so distractingly awful!
there not chavvy. ive never seen a chav with them :huh:

You must live no where near london, the mk4 is a very popular chav car and i see loads with HIDs, one mk4 in hackney has 10000k and they are purple! Ill pop down my local sainsbury's for a pic of one of many about when i get chance as he works there (it has 8000k hids as well ironically) Most poorly modded cars have 8000k hids as they seem to think the bluer the better.

i used to live in SE19 hence the old name SE19kid. that is london, i now live in caterham which is right outside croydon and right near new addington (chav central...ask aland) and i hardly ever see HID's. just because there blue or purple dont make them chav, it makes them illegal

Offline m4ahn

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 19 March 2009, 10:10 »
so basically i should buy 6000k HID's? are these illegal?

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #25 on: 19 March 2009, 18:19 »
so basically i should buy 6000k HID's? are these illegal?

Nope : http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

Tho its your car, As said lots of people fit them. Its up to you at the end of the day  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline jimbooboo

• I live here
  • YUM YUM
« Reply #26 on: 06 November 2009, 08:59 »
Illeagal = HID without correct allignment, wrong temperature (aka 8000k), no auto leveling system, no washer system

Possibly other sutff.

And HIDs without projectors f**ks me off.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #27 on: 06 November 2009, 09:00 »
holy thread revival

Offline RobDiesel

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 06 November 2009, 12:37 »
I have 6000s fitted in my mk4, I wasnt sure about them before i got them but since getting them i think they look really nice  :smiley: If you like i will take a picture for you later if that helps

Offline snap-on

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 06 November 2009, 16:35 »
I just fitted a 5000k kit to mine from hids direct (£60) and used the 35w set , go 55w if you have projector headlights .
I got slated with people saying they get f+ucked off with getting dazzled and i should have projector headlights etc etc blah blah blah but its down to you if you want them or not same as if you want a chavvy loud exhaust or not .
I fitted 6000k to my civic type r and found them a bit to blue so went for 5k for the golf . ALWAYS passed the mot with same beam pattern as normal bulbs and make a big difference in light output to normal bulbs to even uprated ones imo .
So without slating you and answering your question i would go for the 5000k kit but not from ebay , ive used the above company a few times for my kits (apart from my r34 as there standard) and they come with 2yr warranty etc etc and for £60 delivered aint bad . :smiley: