Author Topic: XENON HID UPGRADE CLASSES + BRIGHTNESSES???  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Voodoo-Music

• I live here
Re: XENON HID UPGRADE CLASSES + BRIGHTNESSES???
« Reply #10 on: 18 March 2009, 19:26 »
No your mate has xenons (like i do) which emit 6000k and have a blueish tinge to them. You have 8000k HIDs (actually have less output than good oem bulbs, how ever much you may believe yours are better)

I think your reading the wrong post as i never said they were better
« Last Edit: 18 March 2009, 19:32 by Voodoo-Music »

Jkctr

« Reply #11 on: 18 March 2009, 19:33 »
How is that possible? Your car emits 8000k, thats blue light. The xenons produce white light with a blue tinge as the spectrum starts to break.

8000k hids are chavvy and look incredibly sh!t. Annoys me when they go past as its so distractingly awful!

Josho

« Reply #12 on: 18 March 2009, 19:40 »
Theoretically, anything above 4.3K emits a more blue light and is therefore less light output.

Offline Voodoo-Music

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 March 2009, 19:40 »
So are you saying that anyone who has these kits are chavs ? Correct. Im far from a chav and i have them, i didnt fit them and were bought with the car but i cant say i dont like them.

Each to there own

*they can pass mot and vosa if they are correctly aligned and no more than 6000k*

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 18 March 2009, 19:46 »
How is that possible? Your car emits 8000k, thats blue light. The xenons produce white light with a blue tinge as the spectrum starts to break.

8000k hids are chavvy and look incredibly sh!t. Annoys me when they go past as its so distractingly awful!
there not chavvy. ive never seen a chav with them :huh:

Josho

« Reply #15 on: 18 March 2009, 19:48 »
So are you saying that anyone who has these kits are chavs ? Correct. Im far from a chav and i have them, i didnt fit rectly aligned and no more than 6000k*

Only if they don't realise they are HIDs.

They won't pass if they do see them, or shouldn't.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #16 on: 18 March 2009, 19:49 »
*they can pass mot and vosa if they are correctly aligned and no more than 6000k*

Very true - still illegal tho. Not sure how your insurance company would see it if you had / caused an accident.........

"In summary it is not permitted to convert an existing halogen headlamp unit for use with HID bulbs. The entire headlamp unit must be replaced with one designed and approved for use with HID bulbs and it must be installed in accordance with the rules stated above."

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Jkctr

« Reply #17 on: 18 March 2009, 20:32 »
Theoretically, anything above 4.3K emits a more blue light and is therefore less light output.

Not theoretically mate, its 100% true. The xenons emit a brighter light but less physical light.

there not chavvy. ive never seen a chav with them :huh:

You must live no where near london, the mk4 is a very popular chav car and i see loads with HIDs, one mk4 in hackney has 10000k and they are purple! Ill pop down my local sainsbury's for a pic of one of many about when i get chance as he works there (it has 8000k hids as well ironically) Most poorly modded cars have 8000k hids as they seem to think the bluer the better.

Offline Voodoo-Music

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 18 March 2009, 20:51 »
Nope mate i live in newcastle am 30 years old with 2 jobs and love nothing more than staying in the house. Driving around a car park late at night is what i would do if i were ugly, had a few quid and needed a relief ( if you know what i mean ) lol

I can see your point but i wouldn agree that they are chavvy more that you either like em or you dont

Unfortunalty chavs seem to be able to afford these cars on dole money these days which makes it sh!t for us lovers of true german machines

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #19 on: 18 March 2009, 20:53 »
Unfortunalty chavs seem to be able to afford these cars on dole money these days which makes it sh!t for us lovers of true german machines

So true  :cry:  :angry:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.