Author Topic: Alloy scratched during service, what to do?  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Adycakes

• Not said much yet
Alloy scratched during service, what to do?
« on: 07 July 2015, 09:19 »
Hi guys,

My car was in for its 60k service yesterday, all went well but upon inspecting the wheels at home I noticed some light scratching to one of my wheels. It's not a kerb mark as its on the face of the wheel, trouble is I'm 99.9% sure it wasn't there when I took the car in.
As when dropping the car off the guy walked round with me & said are you aware of an marks on the car. I replied with no & all my wheels are immaculate to which he made a note.

My question is this, do I talk to the dealership & get them to sort it or as I've driven off I'm out of luck.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Ady

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Alloy scratched during service, what to do?
« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2015, 10:00 »
Go straight back there today to discuss?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2015, 23:52 »
Same thing happened to me last year, luckily I spotted the damage at hand back, really disappointed they tried to give me my car back damaged. After trying to fob me off with a smart repair I demanded a new alloy, as the alloy was not damaged before this event they did supply a new 19" Glendale. That must of cost them a pretty sum. As the service was free that was not a good day for them.
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Adycakes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2015, 08:56 »
Same thing happened to me last year, luckily I spotted the damage at hand back, really disappointed they tried to give me my car back damaged. After trying to fob me off with a smart repair I demanded a new alloy, as the alloy was not damaged before this event they did supply a new 19" Glendale. That must of cost them a pretty sum. As the service was free that was not a good day for them.

Sorry to hear that Peter, that really is a poor show, glad you got the result you wanted though.

Unluckily for me they are claiming it was there already but I'm not sure how it can be.

The scratch is on the actual face of the wheel, which from driving would be impossible as they'd be kerbing to the outer edge too. I'd usually put it down to a stone chip, but the marks look like wipe marks, they are 3 or 4 lines across the wheel, so not stone chips. I've given up on it now as they refuse to take liability for it, I was given free cosmetic insurance when I bought the car so I'll be talking to them to get the car repaired.