Author Topic: Just picked up my Candy White GTi MK6 :)  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Adycakes

• Not said much yet
Just picked up my Candy White GTi MK6 :)
« on: 08 July 2014, 11:43 »
Hi all,

I'm now the very proud owner (picked up on Saturday) of a lovely DSG Golf GTi which I am loving every second of driving.
So much so I am finding excuses to take it out for a drive!  :whistle:

I do have a couple of quick questions though;

1) I didn't notice when I picked it up, possibly as it was rainy & gloomy when I picked the car up & it's sunny now, but there are some quite nasty stone chips on the bonnet (a couple look like they've had a repair attempted & bodged it), what's the best way to correct these & if I spoke nicely to my local VW dealership (where I bought the car) would they fix them for me?

2) I'd like to install Bluetooth into my car, is this a terribly difficult thing to fit? And which module do I need to support the iPhone 5? I've seen quite a lot of posts about it & I'm pretty sure I could do it, but I wondered if it was best off getting someone to do it like Hazzy Dayz, OEMretrofits .. etc. Has anyone had dealings with these types of places or any other recommendations?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ady

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Just picked up my Candy White GTi MK6 :)
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2014, 12:50 »
1. It's a used car, so is likely to have stone chips and possibly had some paintwork. As a buyer, it's really your responsibility to spot these things before you do the deal. The dealers may offer to help out by giving you a "contribution" towards having their bodyshop sort it out, but you may be better off (and get a better job) biting the bullet and take it to your preferred bodyshop.

2. Bluetooth is quite straightforward to fit yourself. The only thing you may need a hand with is the coding if you don't have VCDS yourself. I fitted this kit www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-BLUETOOTH-KIT-SEAT-SKODA-MFD3-RNS-510-RNS-310-RCD-510-RNS-315-5K0-035-730-D-/271538608971?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f38f65b4b and used this excellent guide for fitting www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=151928.0
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Adycakes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2014, 13:13 »
Thanks for the responses!

1) Yeah I thought as much, to be fair I can live with the stone chips, there aren't many & only one appears to have been bodged. I accept it's my fault for not noticing & I'll get the bonnet resprayed at some point.

2) Excellent, I've bookmarked the link so I think I might give this a go. So rather than placing the bluetooth module under the seat you place it under the headunit or am I misunderstanding the instructions?

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2014, 14:20 »
There is masses of space behind the radio/climate control unit. It's easy enough to wedge it in there so that it doesn't rattle about. It also means there is only one wire to run to the mic, therefore reducing the amount of work.

I also highly recommend the unit in my link as you can plug the mic wire into whichever plug in the new harness you need to depending on which radio you have. The mic wiring varies depending whether the car has voice control or not, and not all retro fit kits account for this, meaning they need modifying.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Adycakes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2014, 14:47 »
Cool, thanks for that.

I currently have the RCD-310 but I have an RNS-510 (Version P) being delivered today all being well.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2014, 15:37 »
I fitted mine when it had an RCD-510. I've since fitted an RNS-510/P and everything still works as it should without any modifications.

Don't forget to code the navigation into the car when you fit it. Many people just plug and play and assume it works without realising that the nav directions and compass should appear on the DIS.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2014, 19:35 »
More importantly where's the pics?!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Jimmymature

« Reply #7 on: 08 July 2014, 21:57 »

Yeah, forum rules apply. It ain't true until we see the pictures  :drool:

Welcome to the forum.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 08 July 2014, 22:16 »

^^^
:whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2014, 11:46 »
Hi and welcome! I've always admired the Candy White. Every time I see one on the road, I regret not being a bit more patient for a white one to come along!

Jay
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |