Author Topic: Decent amp at a decent price  (Read 1440 times)

Offline wells44

• Just got here
  • Vivente Il Sogno
Decent amp at a decent price
« on: 03 April 2006, 02:38 »
looking to buy an amp, looking to run 4 components max 345w and 2 tweeters, + max input 160w 6X9's from it, no sub, dont want to spend too much but want a quality sound. Any one got any suggestions. Cheers Wells
Vivente Il Sogno - Living The Dream<br />Cardiff Titans #44

Offline yellowgti

• Here all the time
Re: Decent amp at a decent price
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2006, 18:16 »
hi mate try these    www.theloudest.com    these are who sponser me for sound offs, there equiptment is mint and cheap! i have a 1500 watt amp and ive had it 18 months and its never cut out running 2x 1000 watt subs/6x9's at the same time also its always on full bore everywhere, hope the site helps, my car is on their too !!

basically they fill my car full of subs and amps and i just have to turn up for the sound offs with the loudest.com stickers all over my car and i get what ever is in my boot that i like also get to keep the awards for winning!! beats the old 2 subs anyday of the week......................................... 

well it is my mates site lol
"Some say he has a brain made out of fish and that he has no drivers licence at all, all we know is he's called The-Stig"

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2006, 18:29 »
oh god! Just remember that more watts doesn't always mean it'll be louder!

their '3000w' amp only has 50A of fuses. it's impossible to produce 3000watts from 50A of fuses. More like 350watts @ 14v
« Last Edit: 09 April 2006, 18:33 by Dizzie »
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline vr4000d

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2006, 22:12 »
yeah they do seem to exagerate there ratings quite a lot :undecided: my 700w amp has 2*40A fuses so does that mean i can put a sticker on it saying its 5000w :laugh:
peak ratings dont mean anything always go by rms;)
what make/ model are your speakers?
will be easier to suggest an amp then.

Offline wells44

• Just got here
  • Vivente Il Sogno
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2006, 21:06 »
Cheers guys managed to steal a bargain off my brothers stupid mate, Fusion Fe-402 amp and 12" sub 1 yr old, perfect condition, £50. How happy am I. Crazy fool. Cheers anyway.
Vivente Il Sogno - Living The Dream<br />Cardiff Titans #44