Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374518 times)

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
Im still gutted the 3 spokes have gone, but loving this thread mate :afro:

Cheers, but fear not my friend, the 3 spokes are still with me and I may do something with them yet.... For old times sake, one has been polished up and is in the boot as a spare for now! 

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
this done yet  :nerd:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Ah man rear beam work is a pain, you'll want a friend helping you lift it back into place too otherwise you'll resurface looking like Arnie.

Good progress :afro:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Fook me!... 100 pages, the project thread is only 10!  :grin:

Im still gutted the 3 spokes have gone, but loving this thread mate :afro:

Cheers, but fear not my friend, the 3 spokes are still with me and I may do something with them yet.... For old times sake, one has been polished up and is in the boot as a spare for now! 

You'll get fat waiting although I may tart up the spare soon as it will be on display in the rear.

this done yet  :nerd:

Oi!... I've got till Tuesday  :grin: I just don't get enough time at home in daylight. That'll change when the clocks do this weekend!

Ah man rear beam work is a pain, you'll want a friend helping you lift it back into place too otherwise you'll resurface looking like Arnie.

Good progress :afro:

Indeed it is as you know, but I have what I think is a bit of a knack with two jacks although not really tested that so still got a mate popping over on Saturday just in case.

It's going to have to come off again soon after this for other planned work in the near future...  :lipsrsealed:

« Last Edit: 24 March 2011, 00:05 by SoundillusioN »

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Yer the hours are a problem can't wait to see this done.. May see you in the year you can take me for a spin in it  :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Yer the hours are a problem can't wait to see this done.. May see you in the year you can take me for a spin in it  :smiley:

:cool: Might not be that exciting, haven't even really started on the motor yet.  :grin:

in other news.........

This little brake job is not going to plan.  :cry:

= Bastids!
That is all...

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
I guess you snapped the pipe / s then  :smiley:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
lol love the pics..

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead (Done! p100)
« Reply #998 on: 28 March 2011, 23:31 »
I guess you snapped the pipe / s then  :smiley:

Ended up doing both sides as the one that passed wasn't that much better than the one that failed, also I always replace parts in pairs where I can.  The nearside flexi was almost impossible to get off, access is really poor at one end, had to remove the fuel pump to get tools up there.  Rounded off unions, smashed my knuckles up, moan, moan, wine etc etc.. In the end this little job ended up taking up most of my weekend... Anybody that finds it easy to keep their cool under pressure would have p155ed themselves if they witnesed the tantrums I was having!  Managed to get everything back on and the rear beam in place on my tod!  :smiley:

Been outside tonight since I finished work till about an hour ago. Bled the brakes (thank fook for pressurised bleed kits!). sorted my lights out, replaced the tie rod nuts and split pins with new ones...

In Short

Re-test tomorrow morning at 09:30!  She better give me what I deserve now.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead (DONE! p100)
« Reply #999 on: 28 March 2011, 23:33 »
roll on the passing tomo  :smiley: