Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374574 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
U sure? Al spray it satin black so you can't tell-ish. Haha. What keeps you goin with the bodywork or do u have a deadline to work to?

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Is the plan to satin the whole car?  
I'm thinking that if you can contact a few people to get it done pro like, it might look better with all over gloss?
Your so close mate and in this weather can you hold up, becuase I did most of my painting in summer which is a bummer finding that small tail gate foobared in my case? No way I can paint it now especially what you have just gone through?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Fantastic progress  :smiley:

Keep going mate - always a pleasure to read your updates  :cool:
Thank you.... I appreciate it.

U sure? Al spray it satin black so you can't tell-ish. Haha. What keeps you goin with the bodywork or do u have a deadline to work to?

I'm confused, can't tell what?  Yes a deadline I have already missed, but now the plan is all the same colour and MOT'd this side of crimbo!.... STRESS

Is the plan to satin the whole car?  
I'm thinking that if you can contact a few people to get it done pro like, it might look better with all over gloss?
Your so close mate and in this weather can you hold up, becuase I did most of my painting in summer which is a bummer finding that small tail gate foobared in my case? No way I can paint it now especially what you have just gone through?

Yes, it always was.... for now....Of course it will look better and thats how i want it one day..... The cars storage took its toll on the orignal paintwork and also has dents now etc.  Obviously the front has had a lot of work too.  The way my budget works and the need to get her straight, this is my only option. I have made some contacts but the best price I have had so far is around 800 notes up front.  this is costing me my time and a lot less money and any spare money has had to go on other parts for it. it's almost like pay as you go bodywork in a way...   My thoughts are that if I do what I plan, by the end of it she will be staright, 100% rust free motor all sealed up... have some fun in it and by the time the satin does my head in I will have the cash saved for a pro job.. and I want it original and fecking spotless!

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
That its my mk2 and nt ur mk1 if I spray mine the same colour. Haha. I do like ur car. U seem to have put loads into it and from the 1st page of the thread til now it shows the progress. :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
That its my mk2 and nt ur mk1 if I spray mine the same colour. Haha. I do like ur car. U seem to have put loads into it and from the 1st page of the thread til now it shows the progress. :)
Thanks mate.... I fecking have done... missus hates it!

it's been getting a lot more love on here recently!!!  Ha..... you should do it! 

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Yeh I know what u mean my misses doesn't like that my cars gettin love atm. And do what?

Offline jeremybarker

• Here all the time
I really like the pictures of your car with the front bumper removed.

Out of interest when spraying your wings do you heat up the rattle can in hot water before using it?

Making up for lost time

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Jeremy, I didn't think a lot of people new that trick. Makes life so much easier.

Offline jeremybarker

• Here all the time
I always heat the panel first with a hair dryer and then heat the rattle can in hot water ( in addition i make sure that i shake the can for the two minutes before i submerge it), less time for it to cool down.

If the weathers good tomorrow i'll be doing the bottom of my rear door and will probably do the tailgate leading edge and back panel.

Making up for lost time

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
I didn't know about the heating of the panels. I take the paint sticks better when done like that. Its true you learn something new every day