Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374441 times)

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Well la de dah, check you with your fancy "shed", luxury that is.

:grin:

I was working in the garden today, proper frozen to the bone.

Keep plugging away, tiny little bits add up to a completly finished car, although I do like the quote "Art is never finished, only abandoned".

+1  :cool:

it'll come together slowly!

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
The way I see it is that it's all progress isn't it? It may feel like your not doing much but your heading in the right direction and each little bit adds up  :smiley:

Re power in the shed, could you not just get an extension reel and pinch it from your house?

Yeah i know, its just a pain, keep finding more things that need doing everytime i think i'm getting close.. if it was another car i would have bodged it up by now  :laugh:  just dont want to do things twice if i can help it although a couple of corners have been cut for now  :lipsrsealed:

Missus wants lights out the back and outdoor power as the garden is stupidly long!.  Also I put a pond in earlier this year and the power to it isnt the best.  I would need like 3 super long reels to get to the shed, not the best idea with the sort of weather we're going to be getting and cant be ar5ed to invest in them long term.

Well la de dah, check you with your fancy "shed", luxury that is.

:grin:

I was working in the garden today, proper frozen to the bone.

Keep plugging away, tiny little bits add up to a completly finished car, although I do like the quote "Art is never finished, only abandoned".

Ha ha!... made me fecking laugh... yeah i know! i havent had a garden till now.  I was out the front in the cold and dark today finishing the other rear arch, weathers only going to get worse but at least its been dry!  :shocked:

It fecking looks like its been abandoned!....

Yeah...  next summer i'll be loving it!  :lipsrsealed:

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...

50p says you wont!  :tongue:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero

50p says you wont!  :tongue:
You're on!  :grin:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
The only way to run power to sheds / outbuildings is armored cable the sunk into the ground, you will also need a comsumer unit in house to run it for safety.

Guess I am lucky in that we had ours done 4 years ago, it is a godsend this time of the year.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
The only way to run power to sheds / outbuildings is armored cable the sunk into the ground, you will also need a comsumer unit in house to run it for safety.

Guess I am lucky in that we had ours done 4 years ago, it is a godsend this time of the year.
Yeah thats how the pond is powered but its not buried yet as the garden was a work in progress.. Missus knows a really good electrician whos been round to see what we need, just need to find out how much for it all now!...   I cant wait to get it sorted, will be living in there during the winter... already stocking up on acorns!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Done a bit more)
« Reply #346 on: 17 October 2010, 20:38 »
Not a great update but its an update... Sun was out so best thing to do was a bit of painting

Sills were still rubbed down from when i took the kit off.  As the kit covers up so much I wanted to make sure everything it hides is absolutely plastered in paint and/or waxoyl wherever required so it stays as good as it has done after 27 years!

Rubbed down again, pulled out any bad jacking point bends so the seams are pretty damn staright now and painted both sides, this picture really shows the nasty fecking dent in drivers door that I need to sort out!  :cry:

The bit in the bulkhead that the Ignition Module is attached to was a mess so sorted that out too.  Removed the unit from the heatsink first before i did anything.

Also stripped and re-painted the top of the inner wings where the wings bolt down to.... No pics.

Cars quite high off the ground at the moment as i need to strip down the exhaust system and put it back together, its blowing and the hangers need replacing, really got in an ar5e though because i'm struggling to get the mid section off the manifold!... it started getting dark, I was in a mood so I gave up for now.  :sad:  I hate working under cars, you just cant use your full strength for anything!

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Done a bit more)
« Reply #347 on: 17 October 2010, 20:44 »
I know what you mean about working under cars Mate, did the beam bushes on mine and it was a nightmare  :angry:

Lovin' what's happening to this, going to be a stunner  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #348 on: 17 October 2010, 20:51 »
she's gonna be a real beaut when finished mate!!!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #349 on: 17 October 2010, 20:53 »
I know what you mean about working under cars Mate, did the beam bushes on mine and it was a nightmare  :angry:

Yeah there's that and doing lots of work under the bonnet until you realise you've just about fooked your back!

Lovin' what's happening to this, going to be a stunner  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

she's gonna be a real beaut when finished mate!!!
As long as you only see it in pictures you keep telling yourself that!  :laugh: