Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374469 times)

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Foggy)
« Reply #290 on: 17 September 2010, 11:14 »
Going to have another 'tinker' with it now.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #291 on: 17 September 2010, 11:32 »
so it appears that they are the right fitment but the contacts are too short??.. how do they compare to the standard ones... might be worth contacting the supplier?

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #292 on: 17 September 2010, 12:13 »
Here is a comparison:-

You'll also notice that the old blue one has lugs that secure it to the casing whereas the LED doesn't. That appears to rely on the metal tangs either side.
I'm going to try an experiment; remove the LED from its casing and see if I an transfer it to an old U/S bulb casing. Fiddly but I reckon once done will be a good permanent solution without having to try and solder onto the membrane. 

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #293 on: 17 September 2010, 12:23 »
Hmmm well thats odd.  yeah the LEDs should come out but you shouldnt have to do that after paying for something thats suppose to fit.  let me know how you get on.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #294 on: 17 September 2010, 12:59 »
One down, two to go :smiley:

LED removed:-

Bulb removed:-

Tabs soldered on

LED fitted in bulb casing:-

Success!:-

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #295 on: 17 September 2010, 13:59 »
Nice one.... but what a pain..... i would have been lazy on this one and sent them back!  :smiley: be nice to see what it looks like when installed.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #296 on: 17 September 2010, 15:58 »
All done. Not a huge difference other than the fact that there is an even spread of light so that I can see the speedo and clock now.
Clock & MFA are U/S but I think I'll live with that for now. I have a clock on the radio and I have VDO gauges with only the battery connected up so it's a good excuse to connect up the oil pressure and temperature gauges.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #297 on: 17 September 2010, 16:22 »
All done. Not a huge difference other than the fact that there is an even spread of light so that I can see the speedo and clock now.
Clock & MFA are U/S but I think I'll live with that for now. I have a clock on the radio and I have VDO gauges with only the battery connected up so it's a good excuse to connect up the oil pressure and temperature gauges.
cool, shame it was a ballache... my MFA only shows the time now so will be fitting new gauges when everything else is done...

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #298 on: 21 September 2010, 11:11 »
missed these updates! doine some real good work on the car dude, has inspired me to get my project rolling again! :evil:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #299 on: 21 September 2010, 20:47 »
missed these updates! doine some real good work on the car dude, has inspired me to get my project rolling again! :evil:
Cheers... yeah had a massive attack on it... getting close to attempt an MOT.  Yeah you really should make a start on yours before it turns to dust, would be a waste... you're not too far away so would be good to see it when you make some progress.  Go on, you know you want to!