Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 377122 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (couple of pics)
« Reply #150 on: 30 June 2010, 23:52 »
bought my coilovers yesterday.... set of HTs  :embarassed: but then quite a few of us on here have as you cannot argue about the value for money when you're on a tight budget.  I know they can be hard but its not my daily and i want it to be pretty damn stiff.  Hope they dont take too long to arrive. (from belgium).  found a full set of new top mounts on the bay and missed them... hoping they come back on as they were a bargain and obviously need to be replaced at the same time.

Dont know what kind of drop i'll manage with the current wheel/tyre combo 195/50/R15s but i'm sure i can get skinnier tyres later.

couple of other boring parts are on the car, new dipstick and guide.  Still need to find an N/S wing!  :angry:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #151 on: 01 July 2010, 09:58 »
bought my coilovers yesterday.... set of HTs  :embarassed: but then quite a few of us on here have as you cannot argue about the value for money when you're on a tight budget.  I know they can be hard but its not my daily and i want it to be pretty damn stiff.  Hope they dont take too long to arrive. (from belgium).  found a full set of new top mounts on the bay and missed them... hoping they come back on as they were a bargain and obviously need to be replaced at the same time.

I ordered mine Sunday afternoon and they were with me 9am Wed morning....pretty impressive delivery! As you said above, great value for money. Looking forward to seeing them on  :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #152 on: 01 July 2010, 12:35 »

I ordered mine Sunday afternoon and they were with me 9am Wed morning....pretty impressive delivery! As you said above, great value for money. Looking forward to seeing them on  :smiley:
yeah got a message off the ebay seller that was selling new top mounts, they're being relisted tomorrow.. all being well, i should get them the same time the collies arrive.  yeah be good to see yours unless ive missed it and they're already on!

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #153 on: 01 July 2010, 12:45 »
What sort of price are looking at for the HT's?

I've been looking at these and wondering whether to bite the bullet. My rear shocks are probably going to need changing soon anyway:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK1-CABRIOLET-SCIROCCO-COILOVER-SUSPENSION-/220621108486?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335e0af506#ht_1750wt_911

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #154 on: 01 July 2010, 12:49 »
What sort of price are looking at for the HT's?

I've been looking at these and wondering whether to bite the bullet. My rear shocks are probably going to need changing soon anyway:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK1-CABRIOLET-SCIROCCO-COILOVER-SUSPENSION-/220621108486?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335e0af506#ht_1750wt_911

£158 with free delivery, and the HT's are the same quality as JOM but have a max drop 120 rather than 80 which i think the Joms are.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #156 on: 01 July 2010, 13:00 »
Thanks for the link. Yes JOM's are 80 drop so it is nice to have the extra flexibility with these.
I'll have a look on their website later and get some more info.

I'd like to get these fitted before getting the tyres for my replacement alloys, will give me a bit more freedom to chose the tyre that I want.

Excellent price, makes you wonder how they make any profit!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #157 on: 01 July 2010, 13:38 »
Thanks for the link. Yes JOM's are 80 drop so it is nice to have the extra flexibility with these.

I'd like to get these fitted before getting the tyres for my replacement alloys, will give me a bit more freedom to chose the tyre that I want.

yeah that was my plan too.  I know its mad.. not heard anything that bad about them either and they have a 3 year warranty! cabt complain... i think dom069 paid £135 for his mk3 set!

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #158 on: 01 July 2010, 22:17 »
yeah got a message off the ebay seller that was selling new top mounts, they're being relisted tomorrow.. all being well, i should get them the same time the collies arrive.  yeah be good to see yours unless ive missed it and they're already on!

Not on yet  :sad: It's pishing down outside....looks like a job for sat!

yeah that was my plan too.  I know its mad.. not heard anything that bad about them either and they have a 3 year warranty! cabt complain... i think dom069 paid £135 for his mk3 set!

Yeah I paid about that, but mine are the TA Technix which only have a 2yr warranty. Both my rear shocks are gone so seemed the perfect excuse to get coilys  :smiley:

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #159 on: 01 July 2010, 22:47 »
I'm trying to work out the difference between them, apart from price.

They only list 'Tuning Art Coilovers' for the Golf 1, whereas the 'TA Technix' list Golf 1 and Golf 1 cabriolet.

Doesn't seem to be any difference in spec, just colour and price. Think I might drop them an email.